Lamborghini Talk banner

A North American Lamborghini Legend

6K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  RENOG1 
#1 ·
While I was home in the states I went into NYC to pick a lot of parts I had bought for my car from Melissa on Ebay. She recomended that I go since I was only about an hour away and I would get to talk to Joe Nastasi of Nastasi racing.

He used to be the sole importer of Lamborghinis and a then a regional importer. He has been in the business for at least 35 years and knows lots about Lamborghinis. While I was at the shop I spoke to a few people while I was getting my parts. We first went into the back and they asked me if I needed anything else. It was like a kid in a candy store I just started picking things off the shelf and putting them in a box. After I had found 15 more parts I called it quits. I then talked to Joe about the lack of spare tires for Lamborghinis and how most Jalpa guys are missing theirs. He said he was sure that he had one. So I went back up stairs into unlite area and under some other junk and parts there was the ever hard to find 18" OZ spare!

So now I have spare tire, bulb kit, cam chains, moldings, etc. etc. etc.

WQhile speaking to Joe, who imported all Jalpas in the US and most in North America, he told me how he personally called the Campagonolo (spelling) factory and ordered 16 sets of Bravo style wheels for the Jalpas. He siad he mounted 15 sets on cars and kept one set which he sold in the mid 90s.

I do not doubt him and unless anyone has proof to the oposite it looks like this is how the US Jalpas received their Bravo wheels.

Also at the Shop were to F testas being serviced with engines out. a F 250 GT or GTO in mint condition.

Joe has a Fly Yellow Miura!!!! with brown hides. This car has about 800 miles on it, also in mint condition. He has the Countach that is now for sale on Ebay hich I sat in and looked at for a while, and a Diablo.. not sure which model.

Over all they were very very friendly and willing to answer any questions I had.

They have a huge lot of Countach, Miura, and LM yes LM parts for anybody that needs them. Just call Nastasi Racing in NYC, NY ... it maybe listed as Long Island City, NY

David :D

See less See more
#4 ·
JRV,

Not trying to start a war at all! I have not been around long.

Yes, Nastasi is did sell most of his business. He started getting out a few years ago and is now selling all of his parts and a few cars that he has. I went into his shop on the 15th of September to pick up parts from MiamaMelissa on Ebay. She is the one who is posting the stuff and then it ships from Nastasi racing in NYC.

#5 ·
JRV,

if you can tell me what the fight is I will make sure to stay out of it. I was just trying to rely my experience at his shop and what he told me.

If you know another reason the US Jalpas have the Bravo Sytle wheels I would love to know. As for the rest. I am NOT looking a pissing match at all.

#6 ·
ZO6toSV

Yes he is on 44th Drive not 44th street. It is one block from the Citi Corps. building and has a good size US Flag back lite sign in front of it. Very unassuming front.

David

#9 ·
Hi: Everyone; i know joe is no saint but still a good person, his place is in long island city, he has two,plus one in nj, he sold me my miura in 1975. I sold him a number of motorcycles. I seen him just today 2/13/2013, still the same person as back then. I consider him as a good friend
reno

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.