Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dreams are full of this car. Everywhere I look I see it. I’ve tried all kinds of ways to get it out of my mind. I tell myself, “The price is exhorbitant!” I try to look at other flashy cars that have better specs, or are cheaper. Ive tried to convince my brain that if I had the money, I would go with something much faster. In every way, the Huracán SHOULD be a better car. Better designed, more modern. But something always draws me back to the first gen Aventadors. I guess it could be the lines, which produce the awe inducing look of a race car for the road, that shocks me every time I see it. That beautiful V12 engine is truly the last remnant of a dying breed of true Italian exótica. I have a few questions for any first gen owners. What does it feel like to drive this beast? Why did YOU choose this car over something else in this price range? How do you deal with the attention (which I’m sure can get annoying)? What advice do you have for someone who aspires to own a car such as this? What should I know about this car that most don’t? Thank you all in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
I remember these moments. Enjoy them. :)
Note, this post does seem to ride the borderline for the dreamers subforum. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Exactly. I can’t put my finger exactly on it, but the feeling that I get when I think about this car is one of... ecstacy?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
There is a fine line between dreaming and actually doing it.The only difference is making the commitment doing the extra work and sticking with it. Even making 15.00 per hour mowing yards and working an extra 40 hrs a week would buy one in 5 years. Make a plan, set a goal and buy one in about 5 years. When I was younger I worked avg 80 hrs per week. It is easy once you get used to it. Work forty for the bills and regular expenses and put all the rest into a lambo account. 5 years will come and go quickly. Older high mileage aventadors should bottom out in the low 100s. (Like some murcies now) You will learn a valuable lesson and be more productive for the rest of your life. Basically no downside. Put a picture on your wall, mirror, and in your car with a date on it. NEVER touch the lambo money unless it is going to make you more money. Good luck. So what is the plan and date? Lee

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the advice Lee. I think I’m going to focus on my college studies first, so my timing may be different, but I will take your advice, set a date, make a Lambo account, and start saving. I love the idea of working that 80 hour week at some point, I just think now isn’t right. Thank you for the response. What other advice would you give for saving that money? To clarify, 40/80hrs pay is saved, and the rest goes to my living expenses? How could I make a more personalized plan that accounts for studies? Thanks- Aspiring owner

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
The secret in College is to actually learn things that will make you money when you get out. What are you studying? In college about 80 to 90 percent of what you learn will never be used on the outside unless you are in the sciences . I studied international business and engineering. I graduated with the International Bus degree and planned to finish the ME degree later, (Which never happened) The single most valuable thing I learned was languages. I took French , Spanish and Italian. I speak very fluent Spanish, get by pretty good in Italy and can make basic communication in French. The world has changed a lot since I went to school (Graduated 1983). If I was in school now, I would learn Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, Autocad and QuickBooks. Depending on the field you choose, those will cross over many fields and employers. The second most important thing I learned was how to manage time and complete difficult projects. A lot of what you learn in College is problem solving. Not so much specific skills as how to conquer big challenges. (Papers, Finals labs, etc.)
The other thing not to do is to rack up a lot of debt. It is way too easy to get student loans these days. Many people are still paying them into their 40s and even 50s. Don't saddle yourself with a lot of debt right out of the starting blocks. Take a job, live very cheap, take a heavy course load and get it done. Lee

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What great advice Lee. I’m currently a senior in HS, working in getting into college, but I am going to be majoring in biology and getting my pre-requisites, then going into a dental school. Thanks again, and any advice is always appreciated. Sincerely, A Dreamer

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Dental is a great field. Repeat customers. Easy to open your own practice. Steady demand. My grandfather was a dentist. Unfortunately he died while I was still a toddler and never really knew him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts