Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there fellow members! I am a 17 year old that's looking into college. I am looking into being an orthodontist and was wondering if I could afford one. Where I live they normally make 205,500 according to payscale.com. So I was wondering if that's a good amount to lease or buy. If to buy to pay in full or in monthly payments. Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
5,168 Posts
I deleted your first post because these these types of questions can't be answered with any accuracy. We really do need a "Dreamers section" for all the hypothetical silly questions like this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I'm sorry. I've just seen many posts like this but none with the occupation of an orthodontist. I'll do some more searching.

·
Registered
844 Posts
If you PULL IN 200k a year, if you live modest you could buy one in probably 3 or 4 years, perhaps even in cash. It just depends on your life style, you can't buy a mansion and live like Dan Bilzarian and buy one in even 10 years if ever, just depends. Make smart choices.

·
Registered
701 Posts
If you can buy it at least 5 times you can afford it.

·
Registered
497 Posts
If your genuine then here is my advice.

Work for someone to gain experience.

Do as much as you can to help the person/people giving you this experience.

Gain as much information about your chosen field as possible.

Dont mess around getting drunk going to parties (you will be hosting them in your 20's if you listen to me)

Start your own business/practice and look after your clients.

If one of your customers needs you out of hours and you are able to do the work, DO IT.

Go the extra mile wherever possible.

At 25/30 you won't be asking questions about affording a car.

I always wanted a Porsche as a kid, I got my first turbo cab in my 20's and a Ferrari by 30 and I'm just an average kid from a council estate in England. Its about having the right mindset and of course the balls to go for it when others tell you to take the easy option.

I wish you the best. there is nothing wrong with having dreams and at 17 its always going to be about cars :)

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Excellent advice. Only one more important question. Do you want to be an orthodontist or just pursuing it for the money? If you do what you love you will probably be successful and Happy. Lambo will come in time.Lee

·
Registered
844 Posts
4 year old thread, guys. Orthodontists make 3-5 times the 200k stated. I have two in my family.
Damn, I better check these dates lol! Like talking to a wall.
I am happy for them but why do orthodontist make so much money? I'm sure it's tough to become one but the majority of stuff they do dosen't seem that hard. 500k a year to put braces on or what not? Jeez lol!

I understand surgeons and that type of thing making that cash but for ortho's thats some serious cash. Maybe someone can fill me in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts