Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 LP580-2 RWD (1200 miles) with about a month of ownership and gathered some time driving it and have some questions that hopefully could by answered by some here with experience.

1. Dash cam install , anyone have DIY experience with this car in particular for removal of A pillar trim and the roof surround near the mirror ? i would like to run the cables clean into the passenger footwell compartment , its a blackvue camera with parking mode support. Any pics / pointers are appreciated. I dont want to break plastic tabs or damage interior pieces.

2. Multimedia / Nav system MMI Firmware updates.. Anyone have or know where to get the updates for the nav system? it appears it can be updated with a thumb drive in the USB port . I dont want to deal with the dealer at all costs.

3. Back up camera faults, anyone know if its common or if there is a easy fix? it appears my backup cam stops working when the car is out in wet weather , i am going to guess moisture ingress in the pigtail connector in the rear bumper ,wondering if its a simple fix to just disconnect , clean , lube with something non conductive like krytox grease?

4. Transmission characteristics , I notice when downshifting by applying full pedal travel in sport mode it will tend to downshift from 6th or 7th into 3rd depending on speed and when it hits 3rd there is a noticeable delay and momentary loss in forward momentum as if you lurch forward and then it takes off. This is a hit or miss event and i don't know if its a normal way of the dual clutch trans in the huracan or something might be wrong , I have reset the trans adaptation and set it to relearn and calibrate with factory scan tools. it still acts the same as prior.

If anyone has factory service manuals for engine , trans , interior I would be very happy to enjoy them also.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
1. I had the dealer do it, because like you, I had no idea how to remove the A pillars and I didn't want to mess them up. It's not like ripping into a Kia.
2. I know there is an update, mine was done a couple weeks ago at the dealer. Now Waze works again and I am no longer in China with Google maps. For reference I live in Texas
3. Never drive in wet weather, too much trouble to clean it after.
4. It's like the trans takes time to decide what to do, that's normal. But I have heard a peddle box will fix that, I don't have one.

The manuals have been posted, you can probably find them with a search.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. I had the dealer do it, because like you, I had no idea how to remove the A pillars and I didn't want to mess them up. It's not like ripping into a Kia.
2. I know there is an update, mine was done a couple weeks ago at the dealer. Now Waze works again and I am no longer in China with Google maps. For reference I live in Texas
3. Never drive in wet weather, too much trouble to clean it after.
4. It's like the trans takes time to decide what to do, that's normal. But I have heard a peddle box will fix that, I don't have one.

The manuals have been posted, you can probably find them with a search.
Could you PM or post your version information from the MMI screen? i would be curious to compare.

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
I hardwire my radar detector to fuse panel in passenger footwell and don't remove any trim. It's very easy to just tuck the wire under it. Where there are tight spots just use a plastic trim removal tool to pry up a bit

Reactions: Terminator02
1 - 8 of 8 Posts