Lamborghini Talk banner

A few Countach queries

4K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  edl 
#1 ·
Folks - any help you can give on the following Countach items would be gratefully received. Cheers.

1. I've noticed when setting my alarm (TOAD606) it tries to lock the doors and manages it successfully on the passenger side but the driver's side door lock knob doesn't seem to ram all the way home and I can still open the door. I have to unlock it and then re-lock it with the key which works fine. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

2. I mentioned previously my Countach seems to be lacking the inner metal "liner" of the ash tray - the bit you lift out to get rid of ash. Is this my imagination or does this piece actually exist? If so, what does it look like? A photo would be great so I know what I'm looking for in getting a replacement.

3. Where on Earth is the Countach's toolkit stored? I've looked everywhere including under the spare wheel and can't find it. The dealer assured me it was present.

4. Has anyone had a problem with the passenger floor vent facia being loose? It seems to have come away from the hose which looks a bit squashed.

Aside from these little things the car is great. It'd just be nice to get everything sorted. Thanks for any advice you can give. :)

Jim

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Jim,

After a while you will become acustomed to these little quirks. I only bought mine in May this year and have never really stopped playing/working on it.

The QV is different in some ways from mine but I can answer one or two I think. The tool set SHOULD be in the front, on top of the spare tied down by the rubber straps. If it is not there then ask the dealer for it. To buy one will cost up to 2800 USD !!!!!!!!! that is what they have gone for on e bay, just the jack can go for USD500 or so.
The inner metal of the ash tray is just part of the ash tray, you lift it all out at once. It is part number 007058001, and is shown just as one piece.
Your air system is different from mine so no help there.
Hope this helps a bit

#4 · (Edited)
Jim,

the passenger floor vent facia is a problem since it's bent by the fuse box, this is really bad engineered, I don't have a solution it's the same on my car.
Like the two vents which are on both side of the dashboard, hardly any air comes out. The design of the air flow in the ventilation system is poor, allmost the whole air escapes from the center box and nothing reaches these side vents.
The whole system was redesigned on the 881/2 Countach with the automatic AC-Unit in the center console and worked much better from 1988 on.

The toolkit is a pain in the as*, since it's worth nothing and costs a lot of money if you want one.
Both of mines are lying in the garage since they are useless...
When I bought the car, the toolkit was lying in the luggage compartment where it's lower from the fender.

The doorlock problem might be solved by greasing, well more flowing, the lock with WD40, on my car this helped.

#8 ·
Tony_Lambo said:
Jim, I went and dug this up for you. Don't forget about me when you talk to the dealer, If they get me what I'm looking for.... the NOS ashtray is yours :)

Aha! So *that's* what I'm missing. I have the ashtray itself, it's just that metal liner with the ladder-like thing across the top that I'm missing.

OK you've got me - I'll be sure to poke the dealer with a sharp stick.

#9 ·
Taoist said:
Aha! So *that's* what I'm missing. I have the ashtray itself, it's just that metal liner with the ladder-like thing across the top that I'm missing.

OK you've got me - I'll be sure to poke the dealer with a sharp stick.

Thanks but hold off on that sharp stick..... I got the call today I've been waiting for......One of the 12 Downdraft cars in the US is now mine!!!
What's more it was the color I wanted White! Oh my god I still don't believe it....maybe you can poke me in the arm with that stick to make sure I'm not dreaming:)

#13 ·
Hey Mike, Tonys post is from 2004...12 is a general accepted number imported from the West coast. 25 was used as a Total for east and west for a long time. I think it was a lot higher at one point but it is hard to say now... your neighbors for instance. Nobody knew of this one.

#15 ·
LOL! Good grief... that'll teach me to look at the date before I reply!!! :eek:

Mike

#14 ·
It seems like a few might have been sold elsewhere and imported later. I remember seeing a few pictures of Canadian cars that were supposedly brought in. Could this be that the US is gaining ground with this specific CT? Would only make sense if it is possible to bring them in still. With high numbers elsewhere and low numbers here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.