Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 LP560-4
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a part number of an A/C vent that is a direct replacement and is stiffer than the OEM (aka will stay in place)?

I live in AZ and the a/c works great but the vents keep closing and/or moving direction when I drive and it gets hot fast lol. I heard the eclipse vents work but I'm not sure if they swap directly in or need modification? What's the exact part number? And are they stiffer so will actually hold position?

Reactions: HonkyLips

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,021 Posts
Dude it’s a super easy fix. I just fixed all of mine a couple of weeks ago…. Open the vent and there’s 3 tabs. I used a dental pic to pop tabs then the vent comes out. Pop the middle bar off of the two flaps. I used black duck tape to put on the side the bar touchs the flap. Then input a nylon washer I got at Home Depot on both ends. Snapped it back in place an they are better than brand new!! The vents in my SL also spun too freely. So I put one piece of duct tape on the outside to add some resistance. Mine were really worn out. Maybe you won’t need the washers and the duct tape

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Cliff is spot on. Pop the vent out and put just about anything on that surface where the plastic connecting arm passes over it to provide a bit of friction. There is a YouTube video of a guy that shows how. Honestly you can even put a small piece of material there without fully removing the vent. I used the fuzzy side of self adhesive black Velcro. Also I’ve put some silicone o-ring lubricant (very viscous) around the outer edge of the vent to stop them from spinning around so easily.

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,021 Posts
Cliff is spot on. Pop the vent out and put just about anything on that surface where the plastic connecting arm passes over it to provide a bit of friction. There is a YouTube video of a guy that shows how. Honestly you can even put a small piece of material there without fully removing the vent. I used the fuzzy side of self adhesive black Velcro. Also I’ve put some silicone o-ring lubricant (very viscous) around the outer edge of the vent to stop them from spinning around so easily.
Damn it, I didn’t think about putting something there without removing the flaps or that bar…..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.