Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have an A/C wiring diagram for an 88 Countach. The compressor will not engage and the unit is new.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
You don't need any plan just a good AC Shop, there are security valves in the system to protect the compressor from too low pressure and also from too high pressure.
Specially if you install a new compressor there are some pieces which need to be changed too, a good AC shop should know...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I work for a shop

I work for a shop. We specialize in Mercedes Benz and BMW’s. First Countach with this A/C problem that we have come across. And of course AllData does not cover Lamborghini. And the boss asked me to see what I can find. Info on this car seems a bit tough to come by.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I don't have an appropriate plan for this model, but the compressor has a single wire to start, if you follow this wire you should be able to find out why there is no current to engage the compressor.

It depends also what kind of 1988 Countach it is, does is have the ecu-panel or the old style with a turning knob.
The newer one is identically to the diablo, it could also be that console which is broken. Or the temperatur sensor ( I have 2 here).

This is the new one, used also in the 25th and the early Diablo:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tks found out some new info

Found out some new info. We followed the wire. The customer has had a new radio installed and they cut the wire, so now our problem is finding where the wire goes from the cut. Oh it is a 1988 5000

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
1988 can only be a QV, it's either a normal one without skirts or the 1988,5 model with the skirts and the new panel for the AC (see picture in the previous post).

1988,5:

pre 1988,5:

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
terryjoint said:
Raymond, do you have the old one for a 84 CT, i need one
Terry, what you you need?
the temperatur sensor? Part 19 of this:
If yes, I have 2 of them, I can check what I paid for them and let you know, btw it's the same piece in the Jalpa.
I'll check if it's also the same on the LP5000s (what I suppose), just give me some time.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
no problem I have at least 2 of them, will get you the price asap.

G

·
A/C switch

Terry, I have that switch, though I doubt you really need it as it is not known to fail.

Chadbourn Bolles
803 798 3044

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Thanks as usual :wave: Chad. I have changed the compressor and the filter, my mechanic said I was not getting the switch to go to the fully closed position. I understand there is a little mod that can be done to the switch but thought it would bebetter to get a new one.

Kind regards

Terry

G

·
A/C switch

Terry, too bad you are not here, I don't believe the mechanic. All you have to do is join the wires together on the switch and the comprssor should work. If he has not done this, then he is shooting in the dark, and wasting your time and money. If he also has not done this then he flunked Mechanics 101 in school, assuming he went to school.
Chadbourn Bolles
803 798 3044

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Hi Chad,

The compressor works great, so does the filter now. It is just that this thermostat does not go to the fully cold position. ( I am told ) he seems a nice guy, used to have his own Lambo/Ferrari garage in the UK, had a heart attack at 42 years old !! and moved to Spain to take life easy. He just does my car and a couple of Ferrari's so I don't think there is much point in him being a rip off. Anyway, no where else in Spain with any sense to go to !

Cheers
Terry

1 - 16 of 16 Posts