Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Aventador and the A/C has quit blowing cold. All fan speeds are working but no cold air. Sent to the Dealership and at first they found nothing wrong and then decided to replace a sensor. They state all was working and sent the car back but upon arrival once again nothing but warm air and it had lost all the freon in the system. Went back to the dealership and A/C on button would not stay lit up and they found it lost all freon and a low pressure cap was defective and leaked all freon out of the system. Just recieved the car back and was cold but after driving for 4 miles went warm again and a few miles later got cold for 30 seconds and then has stayed warm since. This time though the red light on the A/C button stayed lit up. Dealership states when the car was left running for 20-30 minutes every day stayed cold. Seems like when you drive it is when this happens. Lamborghini is involved at different levels and tying to figure it out. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
When I had a similar problem with my G it was just freon. Bought some at the local auto store and filled it back up and it was ice cold again. Sounds like an obvious leak they should be able to find and fix.

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
you have a leak somewhere and dealer is incompetent.

freon leak is detected easily with a sniffer. they can also use a UV blacklight to look for the dye.

it's under warranty and you don't want to mess with it or else you'll be blamed when it's not working. adding freon when you have a leak won't do you any good.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After 3 more trips to the dealership and replacing parts, valves,A/C compressor, and sensors the problem was a broken wire that was within the harness of wires within the housing of the A/C compressor. Lamborghini had never seen that happen before and I'm sure it won't be this difficult to find again on another Aventador. Hope this helps in the future to others.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had a similar issue - would blow slightly cool but not nearly enough to cool the car down on hot days. sounded like freon issue to me too but ended up being some mechanical valve type part under the dash that controls the mix of cold air to hot air in order to keep the temp at the desired setting. it had gotten stuck because of another bolt or something nearby with too tight of a clearance. this was diagnosed and fixed at the atlanta dealership.

hope this helps as well.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have the same issue ..Last weekend the car AC was running hot air with 90F outdoor weather but didn’t measure the vent temps

Today I turned the car on… on idle and I measured the AC outlet vent temps: the one on left of steering measured 71.24F, the one to the right of steering was 57F, and the 2nd to the right was 74.12F

Sounds like a freon leak? Compressor etc?

·
Registered
642 Posts
After 3 more trips to the dealership and replacing parts, valves,A/C compressor, and sensors the problem was a broken wire that was within the harness of wires within the housing of the A/C compressor. Lamborghini had never seen that happen before and I'm sure it won't be this difficult to find again on another Aventador. Hope this helps in the future to others.
Did you get charged for all those parts they were throwing at it?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Mine ended up being a bad AC compressor

1 - 10 of 10 Posts