Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My airconditioning blows strong and cold. I did have to make a few changes though after regassing and fixing the leaking connections on the compressor.
(The numbers in brackets correspond to the parts manual picture below)

1. Firstly, I removed the dash. With the dash out of the way, I removed the butterflies/flaps (5) out of the six (if I can remember) control valves or open and shut valves (cutting out the flaps is easier than trying to pry them out). These flaps don't shut off properly and also restrict the flow of air.
2. Then the conveyor box or heater box needed modifying (2 and 3). The box doesn't fully seal because two little lugs (2) keep the flap open and it always leaks air. The escaped air comes up the front of the dash on to the windscreen (I think it is supposed to act as a constant demister). If the windscreen fogs up while driving, turn the vents so they are facing the windscreen and that will work as the demister. Remove the lugs and silicone/glue the box (3) completely shut and no more air will leak out of the box.
3. Then I installed a tap that will adjust the airconditioning temperature up or down. My tap is set to coldest. These taps are available at any electronics shop. The tap is hidden under the dash on the passenger side and is easily accessible if need be.
4. Disconnect all the tubes from the electrovalves (if you want but not necessary). Because the control valve flaps have been removed, these electrovalves are no longer doing anything. The airconditioning and fan buttons on the dash will still be able to be pressed but they won't actually do anything. The up and down on the fan will still work. The airconditioner is always on when the fan is on. This is not a hard process but if unsure, hire an airconditioning mechanic and they will know exactly what to do.
5. Make sure all tubing (4) is connected to the vents properly. Mine originally were leaking terribly and hardly any of the air was coming out the vents. This improved the airflow tremendously.
6. I removed the evaporator (7) and had a cold only unit built (you will need a jumper/flanny in winter). After doing this with my car, the air flow not only blows stronger with more force, it is way colder (now goes down to 3 degrees celsius).
7. The fan (1) in the trunk can leak valuable air too. Remove the panel in the trunk and see/feel around the fan if it is leaking air. Generally this is an easy fix just by adding a bit more foam to fully seal the fan to the housing of the condenser. Check each of the areas where the fan has connections. I resealed all of them to make sure there was no air escaping.
8. I stopped the fresh/outside air coming in (6). I was having enough problems with making cold air so the outside air which is 10 months of the year hot, was plugged up.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are a few extra pictures.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
97.0 Diablo VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,579 Posts
Bruce, sorry I missed your call earlier. This write up and your problem-solving is absolutely fantastic! Thank you so much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts