Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just spoke to him (Al Burtoni) as he took my call personally. I will cetainly be giving the clutch a try. If anyone else out there is looking i suggest that they give him a call. This sounds like the answer to my biggest concern

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
No web sites that I know of. I have some 5k on it. One thing is for sure and that is that the original clutch needs any sort of upgrade if you replace it.

There are all sorts of options but I don't think there is any "in-use" comparision between the upgraded clutchs out there.

-mick

·
Registered
278 Posts
I can't remember who said it, I think it was Allan F******, but I thought that the Burtoni clutch WAS the Clutchmasters clutch.

I put my rebuilt Clutchmasters unit in 18 months ago, still feels like it did on day 1, and although I don't abuse it, it gets worked hard.

I can't see the justification for spending thousands on clutch parts. :wave:

·
Registered
331 Posts
sk90077 said:
Try Sean at Hi Tech (sponsor)
I have a triple disc clutch and I cant live with out it

Just went into your garage (Diablo). Regarding the clutch you say:
-Last 2 to 3 times longer than stock
-Eliminates the clutch linkage rod problem
-Pedal pressure 70% softer than stock
-25 pounds lighter than stock which translates into having 25 pounds less weight spinning
-Faster shifting
-Handle up to 1200hp

I must say this is some very good information indeed. :)
I also have a few questions:
1) Where to buy this clutch? Is it AP Racing?
2) How much for a complete kit?
3) Do they make it for the Countach QV?

·
Vendor
1,792 Posts
jollygood1 said:
Just went into your garage (Diablo). Regarding the clutch you say:
-Last 2 to 3 times longer than stock
-Eliminates the clutch linkage rod problem
-Pedal pressure 70% softer than stock
-25 pounds lighter than stock which translates into having 25 pounds less weight spinning
-Faster shifting
-Handle up to 1200hp

I must say this is some very good information indeed. :)
I also have a few questions:
1) Where to buy this clutch? Is it AP Racing?
2) How much for a complete kit?
3) Do they make it for the Countach QV?

We designed this clutch for twin turbo diablo application and diablos with clutch rod(linkeage) problem.It solves the linkeage problem of diablos with Valeo clutch.The clutch rod breaks without any warning.As mentioned above it has a lot of other benefits and it does fit all diablos.

If you have any questions,feel free to give us a call at Hi Tech Exotic Racing. 1-888-456-0437.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If aynone wants to send me a new clutch/pp/flywheel I can have it upgrades to be FAR SUPERIOR to the stock one at a fraction of the price of the ones from Burtoni. From what I remember Burtoni's clutch costs something astronomical, bordering 1000% markup.

I use a company locally that will tweak and provide a great material over a stock clutch and it will LAST!! This is the same company that we used for a 850hp+ Viper, a 700hp+ Mustang, and a 800+hp Corvette. Same Material, all single discs like the Diablo, etc.. In the case of the Viper, this is the same clutch material we used in the Car and Driver Supercar Challenge which consisted of dozens of burnouts, hard shifts, and full blown acceleration runs. They really abused the clutch, but afterwards we dropped the tranny, inspected the clutch, and it looked like new!!

Not too long ago, one of these was installed on a Lamborghini owner in SF. Lots of hills, and hard on clutches. The stock one lasted him less than several months. New one has never given him any problems and he has put almost 3x as many miles on the car so far.

If anyone is interested, send me a PM and I can fill you in on the details.
Thx.

·
Registered
331 Posts
twinturbodiablo said:
We designed this clutch for twin turbo diablo application and diablos with clutch rod(linkeage) problem.It solves the linkeage problem of diablos with Valeo clutch.The clutch rod breaks without any warning.As mentioned above it has a lot of other benefits and it does fit all diablos.

If you have any questions,feel free to give us a call at Hi Tech Exotic Racing. 1-888-456-0437.

Is there a triple disc clutch for the Countach?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts