Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the Differences between the two years other than headlights and the updated interior?
I recall something about more CF in the 98s etc.. Can you guys give more info on the

Thank you,

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Stage 4 ABS and drilled bigger disc brakes. Liftsystem as option.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
98 has those as well. I think raymond was saying the seats have more details on them and a few other things

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
IN my brochure I found yesterday the MY99 has the bigger brakes, of course from Sept. 1998 on the MY 99 was built...
The liftsystem is to identical to the Murci, VT6.0 and Gallardo to lift the car 4 cm at the front to prevent damages to the spoiler.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
raymond said:
IN my brochure I found yesterday the MY99 has the bigger brakes, of course from Sept. 1998 on the MY 99 was built...
The liftsystem is to identical to the Murci, VT6.0 and Gallardo to lift the car 4 cm at the front to prevent damages to the spoiler.
Both 98 and 99 has the same big brakes, ABS, front suspension lift system and variable timing like the late model Diablos. Now, the 99s I saw did not have carbon-fiber center console and side sill. It also did not have the embroidered headrest the the 98s has. Also, the rear bonnet latches are the race type external latches. The 99s are interior remote release. The brochure you have might be a Euro brochure. BTW, my car was built May 98.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
The MY99 got also the beautiful dashboard that swiss dealer Affolter built and Lamborghini took later for the production.

Here in a 1996 Roadster Affolter Evolution GT1:

Does anybody know when the lift system got into production?

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
I just got back from Platinum. I found out another small detail that differenciate the 98 from the 99. The 98 has more rustproofing on the rear suspension pieces than the 99. If you look underneath the 98 cars, the rear suspension piece looks dirty and gooey. The 99 looks a lot cleaner but less rust protected. Unless you drive your car in the snow or you live close to the beach, the extra rustproofing is overkill.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Only think I dont like about the 98 dash is the pass airbag. If that goes the car will be perfect

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
sk90077 said:
Only think I dont like about the 98 dash is the pass airbag. If that goes the car will be perfect
Funny, my son was just critizing the passenger airbag in my car today. He said, it would have looked a lot better without the pod sticking out the way it is.

Raymond

1 - 10 of 10 Posts