Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if this is normal in my 97 Diablo roadster?
When the car is warming up, the left radiator cooling fan turns on, and the right stays off. I checked the right fan with 12v, and works fine. Is this normal? Does the right fan turn on at a higher temp, or should they turn on the same time??

Thanks,
Guy

·
Administrator
5,159 Posts
They have separate thermostats so one side might be running a little hotter than the other, the other side comes on soon after? If not, then that would signal a problem I would think.

·
Administrator
5,159 Posts
Not 100% sure, but i think they are located in the thermostat housing, or they are in the cross over tubes under the rear deck, one each side.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I noticed that the left radiator temp sensor is in the top cooling tube, still can't find the right. I'll keep searching

·
Registered
8 Posts
fans

I was wondering if this is normal in my 97 Diablo roadster?
When the car is warming up, the left radiator cooling fan turns on, and the right stays off. I checked the right fan with 12v, and works fine. Is this normal? Does the right fan turn on at a higher temp, or should they turn on the same time??

Thanks,
Guy
No, they should both come on at the same time. Usually it is the connecting plug gets corroded. Clean and apply some di-electric grease.

·
Administrator
5,159 Posts
Also, if the right doesn't come on at all, there are individual fuses and relays for both in the engine compartment behind the drivers seat, behind the carbon fiber panel.

Right radiator fan is relay "R" fuse "36" Hopefully that refers to your "RIGHT" as you are standing behind the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts