Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Not actually that bad, but it depends how doors close and if there is no bend on roof, over B-pilar, (both sign of bend chassi)
Sad story, if you think how much work is done on this car.

·
Registered
114 Posts
This is a Members car on here (Sledge) perhaps they can provide more color to anyone interested in bringing it back to life!

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
its a great deal at where it is now.
105Kmiles....wow. never seen that many miles on a Diablo. Well driven, and well maintained.

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,328 Posts
That pains my heart to see it. Sledge did a fantastic great job on every little detail, every little part, and every little renovation he did to that car. He and Mikael and Seth, and only a few others are in a class all to their own as experts on these vehicles so it could not have happened to a less deserving person. That said, I’m glad no injuries came with that damage. I see the current bid is already well into the $70,000 range and despite the miles on that motor this car is worth a lot more than that if parted out. however, I would love to see someone fix up that car and use it as a driver despite the title.

·
Registered
143 Posts
That pains my heart to see it. Sledge did a fantastic great job on every little detail, every little part, and every little renovation he did to that car. He and Mikael and Seth, and only a few others are in a class all to their own as experts on these vehicles so it could not have happened to a less deserving person. That said, I’m glad no injuries came with that damage. I see the current bid is already well into the $70,000 range and despite the miles on that motor this car is worth a lot more than that if parted out. however, I would love to see someone fix up that car and use it as a driver despite the title.
Agreed. this car is so well sorted, whoever buys it will have a car to cross the US in with no problems. I’m actually very tempted to pick it up just for the work done to it. Just not sure about the extent of damage.

·
Registered
143 Posts
It sold for $90.5k to a bid from Texas. So about $100k with fees.

No way this is ‘parts car’ price. Got a feeling we’ll be seeing this bull here again.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Let's think this this way; These cars are older then internet, so basicly first 15-years is not photograf as closely as they are today and many cars got similar damage that is not known with paperwork.

·
Registered
421 Posts
It pains me to see Geno’s car like that. I would have loved to have bought it and rebuilt it but the bid quickly when over my limit. At 100k I don’t see any way the buyer is intending to fix it. I hope I am wrong though! This car is really special. I actually like the history and high miles. It comes with a story that you don’t get with a garage queen. And thanks to Geno much of that story is right here on L-Talk!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Because it’s worth more in parts than a salvage title Diablo minus the cost of the repairs. Why pay 100k for the car then put 30-50k into it when you could just buy a clean title car that doesn’t need those repairs? That’s just the way I see it but I hope I’m wrong about it and someone saw the value in this particular Diablo.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Because it’s worth more in parts than a salvage title Diablo minus the cost of the repairs. Why pay 100k for the car then put 30-50k into it when you could just buy a clean title car that doesn’t need those repairs? That’s just the way I see it but I hope I’m wrong about it and someone saw the value in this particular Diablo.
Maybe the original owner got $220k insurance payout and has now rebought it?

I would do that, if it were me 😀

·
Registered
143 Posts
So the way copart works is that the broker could be in TX but if the ultimate buyer is not a dealer, they could be anywhere else.

From what I’ve seen, brokers/bidders out of Florida or Texas are often overseas buyers looking to ship car elsewhere.

I’ve reached out to Sledge before auction for clarification of damage, but as I didn’t hear back from him, I decided not to bid high numbers.

Really wish this car is preserved and not parted out. It’s good such well documented history.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Don’t
So the way copart works is that the broker could be in TX but if the ultimate buyer is not a dealer, they could be anywhere else.

From what I’ve seen, brokers/bidders out of Florida or Texas are often overseas buyers looking to ship car elsewhere.

I’ve reached out to Sledge before auction for clarification of damage, but as I didn’t hear back from him, I decided not to bid high numbers.

Really wish this car is preserved and not parted out. It’s good such well documented history.
don’t think you could have gotten it past the wife. She would have noticed, unless you wrapped it in red 😀

1 - 20 of 24 Posts