Lamborghini Talk banner
621 - 640 of 666 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #622 ·
She doesn't look like much right now. It's been over a year now since I drove it. I often look back out old pictures to remind myself of how good she looks. Here's a picture from a couple of weeks ago. The garage has gotten a bit crowded with her new garage mate. A lot of the work has now spilled over into my shop which is separate from my garage.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #626 ·
If I had a Diablo and it was under construction, it would drive me insane.
Yes! Yes it certainly does! I guess that is why I'm looking to purchase another Diablo. 😁 If anyone is interested in selling please let me know. The bigger the project the better! I've got to have something to do when I finish this project. ;)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #628 ·
is the black/grey trim around the mirror the stock silver/gray color?
No, I painted over the grey when I first got her. I'm just not a fan of the grey mirrors. They looked like they were taken off of a grey car. I did leave the grey so I can sand them down and match the grey if I ever did decide I wanted to go back.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #629 ·
I just received the amp I ordered. An old, outdated, scratched up amp shouldn’t be this exciting but it is! Now I just need to find the frunk light. Does anyone know if that’s from another manufacturer?
Rectangle Wood Gas Composite material Electric blue

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #631 ·
I spent some time over the weekend working on my leather rejuvenation. I got the whole kit from Letherique which is rejuvenation oil, pristine clean, crack filler, prepping agent and dye. I also got dye for the red piping because the areas where the belts rub wore through the piping in a couple places.

Here are the results on the passenger seat.
Couch Waist Comfort Thigh Wood

Wood Sleeve Textile Couch Waist

Wood Rectangle Beige Bag Plant

Textile Wood Beige Bag Rectangle

Sleeve Beige Comfort Wood Tints and shades

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Furniture Comfort Human body Chair Beige

Outerwear Dress shirt Hood Wood Sleeve

Outerwear Sleeve Dress shirt Hood Wood

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #635 ·
I wanted to leave a bit of character and only filled the deeper defects and wipe away the excess. I did this with all of the natural "cracks" in the leather. There was one area with shallow cuts into the leather that you can see in the second picture. This area had to be filled with a couple coats and sanded. Any areas that had been filled I did a combination of dabbing and wiping/rubbing with a microfiber. Other areas I wiped/rubbed and areas that only needed a very light touch up and where it was going over the stitching I used a wet microfiber which watered the dye down so that it didn't go on too heavy. The process really takes a lot of finesse and a good eye to get it right. There may be a good way to use an airbrush and not have it be too thick and plastic looking but when I have seen this in the past I didn't like the way it looked because all of the character of the leather is gone. You can see in the picture below, everywhere other than the areas I used crack filler, you can still see the hair follicles in the leather.
Brown Beige Grey Wood Tints and shades

·
Registered
305 Posts
Wow, that looks great! How did you get the correct color from leatherique?

I spent some time over the weekend working on my leather rejuvenation. I got the whole kit from Letherique which is rejuvenation oil, pristine clean, crack filler, prepping agent and dye. I also got dye for the red piping because the areas where the belts rub wore through the piping in a couple places.

Here are the results on the passenger seat.
View attachment 306490
View attachment 306491
View attachment 306492
View attachment 306493
View attachment 306495
View attachment 306494
View attachment 306496
View attachment 306497

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #638 ·
did you sand the minor cracks after applying filler, or was that just for the larger ones. did you sand the cracks in the front part of the seat where your quads rest?
I only sanded the areas where there was accidental damage to the seat like the cuts on the bolster and other nicks here and there as well as on the piping where the belts rub. The natural cracks in the leather I just rubbed in with my finger then wiped away the extra with a microfiber. Also I tinted the filler with a little dye so it was a closer match.

Wow, that looks great! How did you get the correct color from leatherique?
Thanks Jay! I sent them a sample. It wasn't a perfect match but I was able to darken it with some darker dye I had left over from when I did my 911. It's hard because not every area is the same exact color tone so you really have to do a good cleaning and apply at least a little to all of the tan.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Wow Seth!!!!!!

Just saw your leather restoration!!!! Amazing Awesome work...
Did you have any issues removing your seats? I need to remove/fill in the cracks in my Diablo 6.0 seats
Will be following your progress closely as well. Thank you for posting all your hard work, I am sure its going to help a lot of us Diablo owners, this is specially going to be very helpful to me, Thank you sooooo very much. I am waiting for my Leatherique 32 oz. Kit but I think this is just the Leather cleaning kit. What was the item # of the kit you purchased that included the other items?

Thanks
CCIE

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #640 ·
Hey Yusha,

Thank you! The rear seat bolts are right at the back of the rail. I think I had a bit of trouble getting a ratchet on them so I think I just used an allen wrench. The seats don't slide forward enough to get good access to them. I'm not sure what the item number was but it was the 32oz kit with custom matched dye, prepping agent, crack filler, rejuvenating oil, the pristine clean. 32oz was way more than I needed. 16 would probably be just fine but I'll have plenty extra.

621 - 640 of 666 Posts