Lamborghini Talk banner
561 - 580 of 639 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
The ECU and fuse/relay mounting brackets were slightly rusty underneath the paint that was pealing off. I disassembled it all and bead blasted the brackets and cleaned up the outside of the ECUs. It looks as though some carpet adhesive or something was dipped on the top one. I got them back in but will be leaving them unplugged until all work is complete. I still have at least one mounting bolt that I need to weld on the chassis so I want to be sure nothing can happen to them.

Before:
View attachment 305202
View attachment 305204

After:
View attachment 305201
View attachment 305203
Wow! Great work.
Just curious, I noticed in your before pic, the top ECU connector looks to have 6 inches of electrical tape. In the after pic, the top connector doesn’t have any electrical tape. Did you accidentally swap the two cables/connectors? Or did you remove the tape?
Which brings up another question, are the cables interchangeable?

thanks!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Yes interchangeable
That’s good to know. Thanks!
I’ve got OCD when it comes to taking things apart and putting them back together again. I actually make sure bolts/nuts/screws go back to the holes they came from. Over time, those things settle into their threads, so my OCD tells me to make sure they find their home 🥸
In the grand scheme of things, probably means Squadush.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #565 ·
That’s good to know. Thanks!
I’ve got OCD when it comes to taking things apart and putting them back together again. I actually make sure bolts/nuts/screws go back to the holes they came from. Over time, those things settle into their threads, so my OCD tells me to make sure they find their home 🥸
In the grand scheme of things, probably means Squadush.
Wow, and I thought I was a bit OCD. That's a whole other level! But yes, like Geno said, the ecu's are interchangeable so it makes no difference.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #566 ·
I got the pedal assembly all painted, regressed the bearings and reassembled. The pedal has a couple bends in it. Since I’ve never liked how challenging heal toeing is in my Diablo I took some of the bend out of the lower bend to bring the top of the pedal forward a bit.

Before:
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Wood Rim

After:
Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior Bicycle part Automotive design

Fitted with new throttle cable installed.
Sleeve Grey Automotive design Automotive tire Electric blue

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I got the pedal assembly all painted, regressed the bearings and reassembled. The pedal has a couple bends in it. Since I’ve never liked how challenging heal toeing is in my Diablo I took some of the bend out of the lower bend to bring the top of the pedal forward a bit.

Before:
View attachment 305256

After:
View attachment 305257

Fitted with new throttle cable installed.
View attachment 305258
That looks mint! Nice job.
Just curious, is there a rubber cover/pad on that peddle? If not someone should 3D print one, so one could snap or bolt it on. Maybe print the same diamond texture that the other peddles have?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #568 ·
That looks mint! Nice job.
Just curious, is there a rubber cover/pad on that peddle? If not someone should 3D print one, so one could snap or bolt it on. Maybe print the same diamond texture that the other peddles have?
Thank you! I don't believe there is a pad or cover on most Diablo models. I previously had an aluminum plate stuck to the face just to bring the face of the pedal forward to make it more in line with the brake pedal. I'm hoping with the adjustment of the bend in the pedal I won't have to use this. A 3D printed cover is an interesting idea. It might be worth a try. I personally prefer my throttle pedal to not be overly grippy.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #569 ·
I finished up the rear fender liners. They turned out pretty good. The original quality of these is very low. I know they are just fender liners but it makes me laugh when I watch the old Lamborghini promotional videos and they talk about attention to detail and getting everything perfect. But don’t get me wrong, I like seeing some imperfections. It just shows how handmade these early cars were. It’s temping to sand smooth all of the extra gobs of fiberglass here and there but for the most part I resist and leave it original.

One of the panels had the area with the Lamborghini imprint unpainted so I’m wondering if that’s how they were originally. Can anyone confirm this?
Rectangle Gas Automotive exterior Bumper Metal

Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Rim Tints and shades

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #574 ·
nice work, looks great.
Thanks Geno!

Should the hardware, screws and washers, also be black?
Yes, I believe so. That's a whole other issue that I have yet to deal with. All of my fasteners that hold these on are incredibly mismatched. There might be a few that are original. Can anyone give some info on what these should be exactly?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Thanks Geno!

Yes, I believe so. That's a whole other issue that I have yet to deal with. All of my fasteners that hold these on are incredibly mismatched. There might be a few that are original. Can anyone give some info on what these should be exactly?
‘Mismatched’ …. That’s precisely why I make sure the bolts/screws go back into the same holes. 😜

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #576 ·
‘Mismatched’ …. That’s precisely why I make sure the bolts/screws go back into the same holes. 😜
Ha! I wish you were the previous owner or mechanic that previously worked on my car. Feel free to come help me disassembly/assemble my car. 😁

·
Registered
181 Posts
The original finish of screws, washers,nuts is yellow zinc plated, some are black zinc plated, but mostly yellow. The screws around the fender liners is yellow zinc too.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #579 ·
The original finish of screws, washers,nuts is yellow zinc plated, some are black zinc plated, but mostly yellow. The screws around the fender liners is yellow zinc too.
Not that I'm surprised but if thats the case all of mine are non original. Can anyone get pictures of the original ones or what they believe to be original?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #580 · (Edited)
Since all of my carpets are out along with the majority of the leather, i will be reconditioning it all. Most of it is in fair condition but it's surprising how much dirtier it looks once it's removed. The dash is still in but it is in near perfect condition so I won't be removing it and only doing minimal work on it. The one piece that needs new leather is the handbrake handle. The rest I will recondition with Letherique products. One thing I was unsure of was how I could clean the stitching. With it being tan it discolors very easily so in some areas it looks almost black. The center console was where it was the worst so I started there. Using a steamer with a microfiber towel dipped in mild degreaser (I have since tried Letherique Pristine Clean soaked into the threads then on the towel over the top of steamer over the tip I was able to get it clean. I have since tried Letherique Pristine Clean soaked into the threads then on the towel over the tip of steamer in place of the degreaser this works just as well and probably much safer on the leather.

Before
Brown Sleeve Beige Bag Khaki

After
Outdoor shoe Sleeve Bag Khaki Beige

Before
Wood Beige Material property Automotive design Tints and shades

After
Product Comfort Automotive design Beige Wood

561 - 580 of 639 Posts