Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
The Article

Tuesday 4th January 2005

700bhp Murcielago Confirmed

ollowing our news story in issue 73 outlining Lamborghini's plans for a new road-racer to back-up its Le Mans plans, more details of this exciting project have leaked out of Sant 'Agata.

It has been confirmed that the road version will produce a staggering 700bhp from its 6.5-litre V12, and with four-wheel drive being replaced by a rear-drive configuration, it has all the makings of the wildest Lambo ever.

The stripped-out road-racer will be known as the Murciélago GT-R and just 25 will be built. The new engine will then be fitted in a revised Murciélago for model year 2006.
Lamborghini is also planning to launch a more powerful Gallardo as a retort to Ferrari's 483bhp F430. The new car will boast a power output of 600bhp from its revised V10 and will come to the market a few months after this summer's launch of the Gallardo Roadster.

Audi is determined to continue the Lamborghini legend as Italy's wildest supercar manufacturer and will endeavour to make sure its cars are always one step ahead of arch rivals Ferrari in terms of power output and styling. Long may it continue.

Article from: evo

·
Registered
165 Posts
Heard about this about a week ago already. Only 25 units though :(

·
Registered
33 Posts
speed2 said:
Mu dealer said they will be between $800K to $1000000 and cannot be legally driven on the road.
Is that what your dealer is going to sell it for, or is that the MSRP? :confused:

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
The dealer gave me this information. I am assuming he is talking about MSRP but I do not know. I will see him tomorow and try to find out. Because these will be sold to "Racing Teams" I assume there will be one factory price.

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Again I must ask, where the heck are you going to use it? Horse power wars totally out of touch with reality.

·
Registered
165 Posts
speed2 said:
Mu dealer said they will be between $800K to $1000000 and cannot be legally driven on the road.
They are supposed to be street legal... :confused: :confused:

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
If only 25 will be built and cost $800k to 1 Mil, chances are those cars will never reach the US without any special licensing arrargements.

·
Registered
91 Posts
"It has been confirmed that the road version will produce a staggering 700bhp from its 6.5-litre V12,"

700bhp from a 6.5-litre V12(>100bhp/L)? I wonder what they're doing to maintain the bulletproof durability as found in the Diablo GT-R, 590bhp from a 6L V12. Similar figures in the Murcie R-GT.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts