Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Lambo dealer is quoting me $9400 AUD (~ $7000 USD) for my 6th service on a 2015 LP610-4 - anyone else had their 6 year service done? Am I getting ripped off big time?

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
Is this simply routine service? If so I would like to know the answer to your question as well that sounds terribly high.

Registered
Huracan Performante TT
Sounds extreme ! What state are you in?

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
its a major service - according to the dealer
I sent a text to two dealership and waiting on their responses but the problem is they are not always that responsive or responsive in a timely manner.

Registered
Well, what does difference would six makes make?
What is the mileage service?

Really need an itemized list....parts & labor.

FWIW
At six years I could see spark plugs and radiator coolant changes, even if miles are low.
Sometimes grease hardens over time, so replace/ repack wheel bearing etc.
And a full inspection of all the rubber suspension and chassis bushings and mounts.
$7000 US is not inexpensive.

I truly hope you are not getting ripped off big time.

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
Dealership responded and said 4K. Hope that helps.

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
Here is the dealership run down on the required service verbatim:

6th year service is a Major Service

• Replace air filter
  • inspect injection and ignition systems 鈥 Fuel pipes and electrical components
  • inspect cooling system 鈥 engine coolant level
  • Change Condenser every 2 years regardless of KM鈥檚
  • Replace Spark Plugs
  • Replace engine oil and filter
  • inspect/replace Poly V belt and Belt tensioner

6year service pending nothing else needed ~$4000 USD

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
Lots of "inspect" included for that price.
I am sure if you cut many of those inspect services out you can cut the price down to $3999 but that's just a WAG. :giggle: There's inspection than there is Lamborghini inspection and there is a world of difference.:rolleyes:

Premium Member
Inspect is the cheap part of "inspect/replace", if replace is needed does that increase the cost?

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
Inspect is the cheap part of "inspect/replace", if replace is needed does that increase the cost?
Good question I will ask but I think the 4K pricing is with replacement of the "Poly V belt and Belt tensioner". More to follow............

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
@Blu Bull, the dealership just responded and the pricing does include the replacement of the Poly V belt and Belt tensioner.

Registered
Huracan Performante TT
Why would you bother? It is surely out of warranty after 6 years? I would get them to just change the fluids and not take up this major service IMO

Premium Member
Also why even bring to dealership? I'm sure you could find an independent shop to do the work for much less

Registered
Huracan Performante TT
Also why even bring to dealership? I'm sure you could find an independent shop to do the work for much less
I was going to suggest this too. Once its out of warranty save your money and find a good shop. It wont hurt resale if its maintained correctly and is in good condition

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
Here is the pricing from another dealership; apparently the charcoal canister needs to be changed either in the 5th or 6th year depending upon the 10th character of the VIN# (see attached), that is, if the 10th character of the VIN# is an G it's changed this year if it's an F it should have been changed last year.......the F or G relates to the production date:

6th Year Service

Mileage? If 20k or higher the spark plugs would be replaced if original.

Engine oil and filter annually regardless of mileage.
Engine coolant and brake fluid every 2 years regardless of mileage.
Transmission oil and filter every 3 years regardless of mileage.

Engine Air filters, interior cabin filter, and spark plugs every 2 years. Or as necessary. (Spark plugs 20k miles)
(Air filters and cabin filters are removed and inspected) replace as necessary.

Charcoal Canister every 5 years regardless of mileage. (Important!!!!)

Fluids only: $3025
All operations: $4950

Charcoal Canister: $645

Attachments

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
Why is the charcoal canister so important to replace even if the car has low miles?
I would talk with your service advisor regarding the need to change it or not. The recommendation above is from the Austin service manager. When I get close to the 5/6 year mark I intend to research that further.

Addendum: I posed your question to the service manager and I will post his response.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts