Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what was done on this setup? I've seen it on 2 different cars now.
The barrels have been swapped out...looks like the step lip might have made them 19" or 20" in the rear now as well. The centres look stock.

Love the look...OEM but updated.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Looks like they used the centers for the fronts on the rear with a custom rim.

It's a shame that the factory didn't put more of a lip on the rear of the stock Speedlines.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like they used the centers for the fronts on the rear with a custom rim.

It's a shame that the factory didn't put more of a lip on the rear of the stock Speedlines.
That makes sense. Guess I'd need to find a pair of two front wheels to try it on

·
@ChaseZimmerman
289 Posts
That Murcie is rocking a Boden Autohaus tag so it might be a good idea to try and contact them. I'm sure they can provide some insight.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That Murcie is rocking a Boden Autohaus tag so it might be a good idea to try and contact them. I'm sure they can provide some insight.
I've messaged them multiple times. That's where I found the car...their instagram. No response from them guess they don't know or care. 🤷‍♂️

·
@ChaseZimmerman
289 Posts
I've messaged them multiple times. That's where I found the car...their instagram. No response from them guess they don't know or care. 🤷‍♂️
That's weird! They are a pretty well known shop in SoCal. Maybe give them a call instead.

·
Registered
341 Posts
The first car to have this done was in Japan, I asked about it myself. The guy has an aftermarket company and you have to go through him, if my memory serves me right. I’ll get back to you.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
The first car to have this done was in Japan, I asked about it myself. The guy has an aftermarket company and you have to go through him, if my memory serves me right. I’ll get back to you.
If you don't want to go through Japan, I believe any good custom wheel manufacturer should be able to make up a custom rear rim that will fit the front center. Since the front is a smaller diameter, they are having to put that step in the rim, which is unfortunately the issue with using the smaller front center for a rear wheel.

·
Registered
LP640
2,235 Posts
It's easy to get different width barrels. The bolt pattern of the Speedlines looks like they didn't use a standard pattern. There might be an oddball 40 bolt pattern barrel that would work, otherwise would need custom built barrels.

Going with a step lip really makes the wheel look modern. On the rear, you could keep the stock center and bump the lip width 20mm.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
There is another company called Augment wheels. These guys are brilliant and can make anything.

Unsure on what you would pay for them in Japan and to get them here... may be worth reaching out to Augment.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I've seen this guys profile. Didn't realize he was the original.

Tempted to do the same. +1" with step lip however I don't want it rubbing or sitting that flush or low (assuming he's on air ride anyway).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's easy to get different width barrels. The bolt pattern of the Speedlines looks like they didn't use a standard pattern. There might be an oddball 40 bolt pattern barrel that would work, otherwise would need custom built barrels.

Going with a step lip really makes the wheel look modern. On the rear, you could keep the stock center and bump the lip width 20mm.
20mm wouldn't be enough I don't think haha

This mod + your RWD conversion is what I'd like to do.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Stock offset is 14.5mm. My custom wheels have 0mm off set is perfect for me. 20mm is 5.5mm more which will probably still be fine. Just need a more agressive drop to get the wheels to tuck in some more.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts