Lamborghini Talk banner

6.2 Manual Market Values

79K views 717 replies 68 participants last post by  Flash Gordon 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I've had a 2004 manual land in my lap at a fairly fair price it seems like. It is a euro-spec car however and only available to me because I'm in Canada (2005 or older is kosher for no hassle importing for us now).

I'm not looking to make a bunch of money flipping it...I'd like to enjoy it for a while with some limited downside after maintenance and sorting if possible.

It seems to me pricing is sort of all over the map. I've seen manuals in the mid-100s up to mid-200s for the 6.2 for really low mile examples.

The one I'm looking at has about 19,000 miles on it. Not a particularly crazy spec or anything...relatively simple. No accidents, documented service history, has an aftermarket exhaust with a tune. Stock otherwise.

What would this car be worth if it were in front of you guys right now? I'm relatively new to the Lamborghini world. I've been all about Ferrari for a while now but the Murcielago always intrigued me from the day it was announced. Seems like for a mid engined V12 with a manual they offer quite a bit for the price.

Thanks in advance. :)

See less See more
#2 ·
In 2004 there were almost no options on a Murci so they will all be about the same spec. At 19K miles it is still low but not in the collector territory where 10K miles is already the upper ceiling. Being a Euro car means that you may be limited to Canada as your resale market until the car hits 25 years. Assuming a nice clean car you are looking in the $160-180K range for what you describe. I hope this helps.

#4 ·
Yes $160K USD however do not assume a straight currency exchange to Canadian Dollars. Car prices have not adjusted in relation to the recent movement of the dollar. Even so you are safe assuming $225-$235 CAD. Also remember that when you import the car it is subject to a 6.1% import duty.

#17 ·
Yes Blu Hera, my apologies, don't really know the Lambo colours without checking like the F-cars. Blu Sera is an iconic colour on classic Ferraris.

Yes personally I love blues. The Murcielago is loud enough on its own and in my opinion doesn't need a bright colour to set it off. But like you said...all that matters is if you like it. :)

#18 ·
I know we have two of the 19 manual 04s here on the forum, one being me. I think the other owner has a Rosso Vik 2004, but can't remember the username.

#24 ·
2003 Gaillo Orion Yellow on Black
ZA9BC10U63LA12416
13025 miles
Reserve not met at $162k:

This one however, no sale even at the asking of $159k?

2004 GRIGIO ANTARES on Black
ZHWBU16M34LA00893
22844 miles
Unsold on eBay ad asking $159k:

Seems like it is a decent price? Anyone know about this car and if it has a history or something?

#25 ·
This one however, no sale even at the asking of $159k?

2004 GRIGIO ANTARES on Black
ZHWBU16M34LA00893
22844 miles
Unsold on eBay ad asking $159k:

Seems like it is a decent price? Anyone know about this car and if it has a history or something?
Maybe the color combo? I know I wouldn't want it. :)

#31 ·
The yellow one had a bunch of problems besides the accident. It never had a clutch replacement. Both sets of lights front and rear had cracks. Both door struts, as well as engine and frunk struts needed replacement. Airbag dash light. Leaking front tranny seals. It needed a bunch of work, these were the major ones I saw on a PPI from 2 years ago.

The Grey one was sold, they just never took it off of eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#45 ·
If this is true, it's taking us in the direction I think a lot of us have expected. Really cool to be able to see the values start to skyrocket.

#46 ·
I noticed a few big dealers have been putting the word out they're looking specifically for manual Murcielagos. Demand is definitely there.

When you think of what you're getting...besides Lamborghini, what else is mid engined and V12 with a manual from that era? Very short list...the last from Ferrari was the F50. Porsche had the V10 Carrera GT. There's the likes of Zondas and whatnot, but all of these options are currently more than double even the highest manual 6.2 sale.

The value proposition is there.

#48 ·
Yes our Black 2010 LP670-4SV has sold this week and just loaded on a truck this AM off to its new owner. Sold at full asking price. To my knowledge there are NO OTHER SV cars for sale on the market currently. I think most of them (most I have touched) are no all gone into collections.;

#50 ·
The last one I sold was the 03 Pearl Yellow sold in 24 hours at full asking price. $199K I know of one that sold after mine, also a 03, sold for $245K so it looks like the market has spoken.
I have a 2007 LP640, GATAED with only 15K miles inbound Just fully serviced, new tires, 15K major complete, a one of one in its color combo Silver over Red/Black leather I think I will start the ask at $525K

#51 ·
There was an 04 for sale in Canada as well asking $300k cad Blu Hera on tan/black with about 25k km or so. It sold pretty quick as the seller didn't even respond to my inquiry. I believe he was either bombarded with inquiries or maybe he pulled it and will be relisted with a higher price soon.