Lamborghini Talk banner
241 - 260 of 713 Posts
Do the LP640 additions help, hurt, or no difference the value on a 6.2? Thoughts?
It hurts collector values to make any changes. But this car doesn't have much for changes shown in the pictures. It just shows the LP640 exhaust tip and taillights. I guess the rear bumper comes with the car, which you would be able to make good money selling. You could also easily pick up Pre-LP tail lights and exhaust tips and sell those LP640 parts for a tidy profit.

What really hurts this car's value is its CarFax blemish.

Discussion starter · #244 · (Edited)
It hurts collector values to make any changes. But this car doesn't have much for changes shown in the pictures. It just shows the LP640 exhaust tip and taillights. I guess the rear bumper comes with the car, which you would be able to make good money selling. You could also easily pick up Pre-LP tail lights and exhaust tips and sell those LP640 parts for a tidy profit.

I didn't notice the accident part.

"Carfax shows minor damage reported from low speed parking lot incident."

It happened when the car had approximately 1,000 miles on it. Wonder how minor or large it was. The LP640 wasn't announced when it happened so the kit wasn't changed due to the accident, but at least 2-3 years later when the parts were made available.

I didn't notice the accident part.

"Carfax shows minor damage reported from low speed parking lot incident."

It happened when the car had approximately 1,000 miles on it. Wonder how minor or large it was. The LP640 wasn't announced when it happened so the kit wasn't changed due to the accident, but at least 2-3 years later when the parts were made available.
It would really help the values if there were photos and videos showing the accident damage. Without that, buyers have to hope it really was minor and fixed correctly. Modern Lambo's take large hits to values with any accident damage, especially without detailed documentation.

Help clear a few things up on my car far sale. The minor damage happened while the car was in Another Dealers inventory. I was unable to get any pics or incident report. The car was taken for a test drive. It came to a stop to turn right and exit the parking lot. Another vehicle "bumped" at less then 5MPH. The Dealer filed the claim against the other drivers insurance, hence the Car Fax report. However it was not an accident per say, it was "minor Damage". Stimpy is correct, I am sure the ending selling value of this car will be effected by the blemish, which is said as its a really clean all there car. It's lived her locally with the old owner for quite a few years.

So I am reasonable, make me an offer and lets see if we can get this done.

Also look at the interior pics please, I listed it as snow-corn, but the more I look....it appears the be Crema almost White What do you think it is?

Help clear a few things up on my car far sale. The minor damage happened while the car was in Another Dealers inventory. I was unable to get any pics or incident report. The car was taken for a test drive. It came to a stop to turn right and exit the parking lot. Another vehicle "bumped" at less then 5MPH. The Dealer filed the claim against the other drivers insurance, hence the Car Fax report. However it was not an accident per say, it was "minor Damage". Stimpy is correct, I am sure the ending selling value of this car will be effected by the blemish, which is said as its a really clean all there car. It's lived her locally with the old owner for quite a few years.

So I am reasonable, make me an offer and lets see if we can get this done.

Also look at the interior pics please, I listed it as snow-corn, but the more I look....it appears the be Crema almost White What do you think it is?
I believe the interior color combo is Nero Perseus / Avorio Lilium

Discussion starter · #248 ·
It would really help the values if there were photos and videos showing the accident damage. Without that, buyers have to hope it really was minor and fixed correctly. Modern Lambo's take large hits to values with any accident damage, especially without detailed documentation.
What's nice about Carfax on Canadian cars is if there was an accident it will show you the insurance claim dollar amount. Gives you some guidance as to the severity of the incident.

Roy's car is nice. The incident happened around 1,000 miles and clearly she's been enjoyed ever since. The LP640 kit normally would be a red flag if there was an accident reported...but it happened long before the LP640 even existed. Just an upgrade.

Slim pickings out there anyway. Lots of buyers, not many sellers.

I love the LP640 tail lights but my understanding was that you had to cut into the body a little to get the LP tail lights to fit pre-LP... anyone know if you can convert back after cutting it?

Discussion starter · #250 ·
I love the LP640 tail lights but my understanding was that you had to cut into the body a little to get the LP tail lights to fit pre-LP... anyone know if you can convert back after cutting it?
I'm pretty sure it's not easy to reverse because of the cutting required but where there's a will there's a way.

My 6.2 also has LP640 tail lights and personally I would prefer the originals. Debating attempting converting back and selling the LPs as they seem to be worth a pretty penny more.

Price drop to $180k
Someone spent a lot of money on that car with the body kit, wheels, interior and sound system. I guess that all devalued it pretty sharply because it has a clean Carfax. If the mods are the reason for the low asking price, it's a good example of paying twice for mods.

The pics on this site show a pretty poor job on color matching/blending the paint. And doesn't have that well-cared-for feel to it.

Looks like you are posting that in the wrong thread. That VIN shows up as an egear, not a manual:

It's a good example of the struggle looking for a manual Murci. It's no mistake when these dealers list egears as manuals. They are taking liberties with the fact that the egear uses a manual transmission at its core, and they want more views for their car. They know they will get those views, and maybe convert someone looking for a manual to an egear by falsely advertising the car. And it's easy for them to claim it's an honest mistake, but they won't fix their ads.

241 - 260 of 713 Posts