Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah USD. The ones i see for sale publicly are around that range and some of them have stories, are modified, or arent in great shape. I've seen a couple that have been shopped privately (more desirable colors/low miles) where owners are looking for low-to-mid 200s.
I agree with you. As of today there are only 2 or 3 stick shift cars listed online I can find. 1 of them has been crashed twice and looking at the pictures of the others they look to be in less than ideal shape. It is extremely hard to find a clean manual Murci in any year. Also be careful when looking for manual cars online, many automatics for sale are listed as manual. Check the photos.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thank you for your insight. I have seen curateds example. Mine would not be on that level since it has 19k miles, and honestly am not looking to make a ton of money (or anything at all), but it is nice to know there would be a buffer for maintenance throughout ownership.

The car in question is Blu Sera. How desirable is that? Is there data on how many manuals were built in Blu Sera?

Thank you all!
I'm sure he meant to type Blu Hera. When you hear talk about desirable colors it depends on who is talking. Generally, the bright colors are thought of as "desirable". But in reality lots of dark colors are sought after as well. Different salesmen will through around colors but it is kind of irrelevant. All color cars were desirable at some point for the original buyer. Personally I really like Blu Hera and it is quite rare, although I do not have numbers for this color. Do you like Blu Hera? If you like it you can't go wrong! Strangers opinions on the internet won't make you feel any different when the car is in your garage.

·
Registered
96 Posts
2003 Gaillo Orion Yellow on Black
ZA9BC10U63LA12416
13025 miles
Reserve not met at $162k:
This yellow one has an accident on the records. Scroll down to the autocheck and it shows on eBay. Besides the one small picture of the shifter, there is no indication of the shape of the interior. Since it is listed by a private seller and the pictures do not show the whole car, I can't see many people bidding on it.

As for the dark grey one I am not sure why it hasn't sold. That leather seat has lots of wear for a 20K mile car. It is hard to see the true quality of cars from pictures. If mechanically sound this could be a great buy for the right person.

Cars listed for sale will probably sit for a while since many people are not traveling to see them and the economy is so unknown. Really you have to test drive these cars and see them in person before buying.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Cats Exotics website had a yellow 2003 with 20,973 miles listed at $199,000. I believe it was only listed for a day or two and now says sold!

·
Registered
96 Posts

Surprised this ones still sitting around with the 200k asking price? Is there a story on it I'm unaware of like the other yellow one on eBay? VIN search turns up nothing on Google.
A few months ago I saw this car in person. The engine block was replaced at Lamborghini Las Vegas at some point. The salesmen was very nice.

·
Registered
96 Posts
2004 Manual Murcielago
Rosso Vik / Tan & black interior
Accident reported
9,800 miles

$284,900 asking price on Autotrader listed by GR Auto Gallery
Link

·
Registered
96 Posts
Interesting, they changed the listing to show 8,626 miles. I triple checked yesterday.

Sticky buttons happen to all Murcis and are a quick easy fix.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have heard after 2002 Lamborghini increased the camshaft size for 2003 Murcielagos. Due to emission changes they had to go back down in size. This makes the 2003 have the biggest camshaft of the first generation Murcielagos. This is what I heard years ago from a Lambo dealership head mechanic, but I do not have the specs. Hopefully someone here has access to the camshaft specs and can verify this.

·
Registered
96 Posts
What an awesome buy Roy! I bet the color and fact that people are leary about buying an expensive car from a private party on a website are the only things that kept it from going over $300K.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The 2003 Murci sold for $405,000. On Bring a Trailer buyer pays 5K fee on top of the sale price. What a great win for Manual first generation Murcielagos.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Why do you say that???
Britain received a bunch of RHD 02-03's and they're not particularly loved over there so they actually get driven and regularly sold rather than being hoarded by "collectors."
Here's one that sold for £98k a few months ago:
According to the description of this specific car it was an insurance loss in 07. Other issues in the description as well.

Most US cars have more miles than this one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts