Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I've had a 2004 manual land in my lap at a fairly fair price it seems like. It is a euro-spec car however and only available to me because I'm in Canada (2005 or older is kosher for no hassle importing for us now).

I'm not looking to make a bunch of money flipping it...I'd like to enjoy it for a while with some limited downside after maintenance and sorting if possible.

It seems to me pricing is sort of all over the map. I've seen manuals in the mid-100s up to mid-200s for the 6.2 for really low mile examples.

The one I'm looking at has about 19,000 miles on it. Not a particularly crazy spec or anything...relatively simple. No accidents, documented service history, has an aftermarket exhaust with a tune. Stock otherwise.

What would this car be worth if it were in front of you guys right now? I'm relatively new to the Lamborghini world. I've been all about Ferrari for a while now but the Murcielago always intrigued me from the day it was announced. Seems like for a mid engined V12 with a manual they offer quite a bit for the price.

Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
In 2004 there were almost no options on a Murci so they will all be about the same spec. At 19K miles it is still low but not in the collector territory where 10K miles is already the upper ceiling. Being a Euro car means that you may be limited to Canada as your resale market until the car hits 25 years. Assuming a nice clean car you are looking in the $160-180K range for what you describe. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In 2004 there were almost no options on a Murci so they will all be about the same spec. At 19K miles it is still low but not in the collector territory where 10K miles is already the upper ceiling. Being a Euro car means that you may be limited to Canada as your resale market until the car hits 25 years. Assuming a nice clean car you are looking in the $160-180K range for what you describe. I hope this helps.
$160k USD funds I assume? That would be around what I was thinking. Around 230-250k CAD.

That's good to know that they didn't have many options. Didn't know that and was wondering why so many seemed to be relative barebones.

Thank you

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yes $160K USD however do not assume a straight currency exchange to Canadian Dollars. Car prices have not adjusted in relation to the recent movement of the dollar. Even so you are safe assuming $225-$235 CAD. Also remember that when you import the car it is subject to a 6.1% import duty.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes $160K USD however do not assume a straight currency exchange to Canadian Dollars. Car prices have not adjusted in relation to the recent movement of the dollar. Even so you are safe assuming $225-$235 CAD. Also remember that when you import the car it is subject to a 6.1% import duty.
Yeah I've factored all shipping and duty costs. I've imported many times from around the world.

Thank you for your insight.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Assuming USD?
Yeah USD. The ones i see for sale publicly are around that range and some of them have stories, are modified, or arent in great shape. I've seen a couple that have been shopped privately (more desirable colors/low miles) where owners are looking for low-to-mid 200s.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah USD. The ones i see for sale publicly are around that range and some of them have stories, are modified, or arent in great shape. I've seen a couple that have been shopped privately (more desirable colors/low miles) where owners are looking for low-to-mid 200s.
I agree with you. As of today there are only 2 or 3 stick shift cars listed online I can find. 1 of them has been crashed twice and looking at the pictures of the others they look to be in less than ideal shape. It is extremely hard to find a clean manual Murci in any year. Also be careful when looking for manual cars online, many automatics for sale are listed as manual. Check the photos.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I agree with you. As of today there are only 2 or 3 stick shift cars listed online I can find. 1 of them has been crashed twice and looking at the pictures of the others they look to be in less than ideal shape. It is extremely hard to find a clean manual Murci in any year. Also be careful when looking for manual cars online, many automatics for sale are listed as manual. Check the photos.
Yes a lot are mislabeled online. Best comp i think for OP is Curated's '03.

2003 Lamborghini Murcielago - Curated

Low mileage, orange, clean 6-speed. Probably moves around 220. OP is lower for the miles, lower for the color, lower because it's Euro spec. But should benefit from being an '04.. very rare find.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes a lot are mislabeled online. Best comp i think for OP is Curated's '03.

2003 Lamborghini Murcielago - Curated

Low mileage, orange, clean 6-speed. Probably moves around 220. OP is lower for the miles, lower for the color, lower because it's Euro spec. But should benefit from being an '04.. very rare find.
Thank you for your insight. I have seen curateds example. Mine would not be on that level since it has 19k miles, and honestly am not looking to make a ton of money (or anything at all), but it is nice to know there would be a buffer for maintenance throughout ownership.

The car in question is Blu Sera. How desirable is that? Is there data on how many manuals were built in Blu Sera?

Thank you all!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thank you for your insight. I have seen curateds example. Mine would not be on that level since it has 19k miles, and honestly am not looking to make a ton of money (or anything at all), but it is nice to know there would be a buffer for maintenance throughout ownership.

The car in question is Blu Sera. How desirable is that? Is there data on how many manuals were built in Blu Sera?

Thank you all!
I think there were only 19 manuals made in 2004. Are you sure that is the name of the color? I don't think i've heard of Blue Sera before - it should be on a sticker under the front hood.

LamboPAINT - Lamborghini paint codes at LamboCARS.com

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think there were only 19 manuals made in 2004. Are you sure that is the name of the color? I don't think i've heard of Blue Sera before - it should be on a sticker under the front hood.

LamboPAINT - Lamborghini paint codes at LamboCARS.com
I was assuming the colour based off photos I found online of others. I'll confirm shortly.

I'm assuming 19 manuals made for the US and not worldwide? This is a european market example.

·
Registered
49 Posts

Thank you all!
I'm sure he meant to type Blu Hera. When you hear talk about desirable colors it depends on who is talking. Generally, the bright colors are thought of as "desirable". But in reality lots of dark colors are sought after as well. Different salesmen will through around colors but it is kind of irrelevant. All color cars were desirable at some point for the original buyer. Personally I really like Blu Hera and it is quite rare, although I do not have numbers for this color. Do you like Blu Hera? If you like it you can't go wrong! Strangers opinions on the internet won't make you feel any different when the car is in your garage.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm sure he meant to type Blu Hera. When you hear talk about desirable colors it depends on who is talking. Generally, the bright colors are thought of as "desirable". But in reality lots of dark colors are sought after as well. Different salesmen will through around colors but it is kind of irrelevant. All color cars were desirable at some point for the original buyer. Personally I really like Blu Hera and it is quite rare, although I do not have numbers for this color. Do you like Blu Hera? If you like it you can't go wrong! Strangers opinions on the internet won't make you feel any different when the car is in your garage.
Ah blue hera - makes sense. Awesome color. And you're right - it's about what you like... who cares what others think. But definitely a rare car. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes Blu Hera, my apologies, don't really know the Lambo colours without checking like the F-cars. Blu Sera is an iconic colour on classic Ferraris.

Yes personally I love blues. The Murcielago is loud enough on its own and in my opinion doesn't need a bright colour to set it off. But like you said...all that matters is if you like it. :)

·
@ChaseZimmerman
239 Posts
I know we have two of the 19 manual 04s here on the forum, one being me. I think the other owner has a Rosso Vik 2004, but can't remember the username.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I actually have the number of Blue Hera's painted total on the Murcielago's. It took me 3 years and a bunch of research going to several people who I thought for sure would know. Turns out none of those people knew either. Fortunately after some luck intervened and a complete fluke I got the answer . I have it for you if you're interested. ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts