Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up fam,

I am planning out an early Diablo project and I have a question on the motor. I don’t see why not but would my standard crank and rods be swapped out he the crank and titanium rods from the 6.0 Diablo? Would anything else need attention?

Could I go as far as using the Murcielago crank and rods?

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
256 Posts
If you want to take advantage of Porsche Racing's misfortune, polish the rods until they look like they are mirrors on all non-bearing surfaces, after deburring and removing any flash or sharp edges that could turn into stress risers.
I'm talking hunting down every rough non-bearing surface (and the mating surfaces, leave those) with a magnifying glass and making those rods look like they were made of liquid Terminator.

If you are truly dedicated, shot-peen the entire non-bearing, non-mating surfaces thoroughly for compaction, THEN polish to a mirror-would-be-jealous finish.

Surface polish is to titanium what NEVER forgetting an anniversary is to a woman. Something you may not see the immediate results with, but the lack of it can cost you everything.

Let me know if you have the brains to want to know more of this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.