Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
2014 Audi R8 - Mythos Black on Grey Leather
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
disclaimer: I am currently an R8 owner, but looking at Huracan's..

Is there much of a difference between the 580 (AWD) and the 610 (AWD). Not sure about spyder vs coup... so don't care at this point.

Just wondering from some of you that have had both or investigated this already.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
The 580-2 is a RWD and the 610-4 is an AWD. Aside from the AWD having more hp and better traction the choice boils down to personal preference. I have only had RWD Lamborghinis' a 2019 580-2 and a 2021 and 2022 EVO RWDs so can't help with the comparison but I prefer RWD cars because they are a little more unruly and a blast to drive.

Reactions: Expert Ranch

Registered
SL #7007
@Lambo2018 said it best.... The 580 will be a little lighter but you can make the 610 a RWD conversion. A lot of members do that because its easy and relatively cheap to do. Plus if you end up not liking it or want to go to stock, again it's an easy process.

I had a couple of RWD sports cars. Then my GTR and R8 was AWD and I love AWD. Again like the master said above, comes down to personal preference.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Reactions: Cliff.1620

Registered
Also compare how they are optioned鈥..i have chosen 610 twice now as i prefer the aesthetics, more power and carbon ceramic brakes were standard so far as i can tell. A lot of 580s ive seen only have the steel brakes and i wasnt a fan of those. Definitely drive them both and make your judgement from there鈥.cant go wrong with either

Registered
SL #7007
Also compare how they are optioned鈥..i have chosen 610 twice now as i prefer the aesthetics, more power and carbon ceramic brakes were standard so far as i can tell. A lot of 580s ive seen only have the steel brakes and i wasnt a fan of those. Definitely drive them both and make your judgement from there鈥.cant go wrong with either
Excellent point! I believe the front bumpers are different as well.

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
Many here love the EVO RWD for how playful it is and the aesthetics, also the price point at MSRP is a great value
Exactly what he said. But like Cliff said can't go wrong with either, both incredible cars.

Registered
Lp 610 is the better car for sure, although some members say otherwise.Awd version is more solid,faster,stable and in most cases with better options.In Europe price difference between lp580 and lp610 is from 20k鈧 to 25-30k鈧 in favor of the AWD version.This is big difference for second hand market,but says enough

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
OP, much sage advice above but one parting tidbit.......test drive them both and see which you like better. Also if you have dreams of Turbos or a VF Supercharger the AWD would handle that power boost more gracefully but, than again, sometimes grace is overrated.

Registered
2014 Audi R8 - Mythos Black on Grey Leather
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys for the advice... Yeah, I'll need to test drive them.

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
Those of us who have owned both will tell you they are both fantastic, but it really comes down to personal preference and how you intend to drive the car. I enjoy being able to break loose the rear end, others not so much. And of course as Albert mentioned above, if you are planning some mods that might have some bearing on your decision. There are some TT RWD ones and with the right tires they don't seem to have a problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts