Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There’s not a ton of really good research regarding people running any dynos or 1/4 mile pre and post tune. I actually can’t find anyone that did a 1/4 mile run so I’m wondering if there is a general idea of a tune that is most preferred? I gather the 580 would make the most gains since it’s s just detuned. I’m currently leaning toward the VF Hex tune and wondering opinions or suggestions.

Secondly I’m debating getting an exhaust. I think I’d prefer the OEM race exhaust but only if I can get a really good deal that happens from time to time. I also have been looking at the Soul exhaust simply because the price and sound are amazing and the reported power gains seem to be similar to the OEM race exhaust. I’m open to suggestions. I imagine if I did buy an exhaust I’d want to have that on prior to sending in my ECU but I’m not even sure on that! Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,259 Posts
You can get lots of dump testing results from both VF and Eurocharged in Dallas. I have Lasix lost and Eurocharged handheld ECU tune. I am very happy with it. Just give them a call, I’m sure they’ll be glad to talk to you and send you some information.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm also contemplating if good idea to get the Soul race exhaust because of their aggressive pricing.

Anyone here tested them, how is the fit and finish and sound? Will the Strada, Sport, Corsa still work with this system?

·
Premium Member
12,259 Posts
I'm also contemplating if good idea to get the Soul race exhaust because of their aggressive pricing.

Anyone here tested them, how is the fit and finish and sound? Will the Strada, Sport, Corsa still work with this system?
There are some good options out there, but the OEM Race exhaust allowed to keep my warranty. It was ridiculously expensive. I will say the sound is amazing!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ash I am almost positive with the Soul exhaust that has the aggressive pricing that it doesn’t work with the different Anima modes because it doesn’t work with the valves and the ECU. I believe a much more expensive version will however.

Russ I agree with you on the OEM but realistically the ECU tune is much easier to void warranty than an exhaust. They would have to prove the exhaust was the cause of say an engine failure which is just not gonna be realistic as opposed to say an altered ECU

·
Premium Member
12,259 Posts
Ash I am almost positive with the Soul exhaust that has the aggressive pricing that it doesn’t work with the different Anima modes because it doesn’t work with the valves and the ECU. I believe a much more expensive version will however.

Russ I agree with you on the OEM but realistically the ECU tune is much easier to void warranty than an exhaust. They would have to prove the exhaust was the cause of say an engine failure which is just not gonna be realistic as opposed to say an altered ECU
Yes, that is true and probably why so many owners still install aftermarket systems.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Anyone hear anything about ENC Huracan Titanium Valvetronic Catback Exhaust
It fits huracan 2016-19 580-610 ,
Its 3499.00 new free shipping.
It looks like the PLM exhaust, it might be same company and different marketing.
All Titanium Weighs 18.9lbs. I Have a spyder and would love some weight
reduction.
Some of these exhaust prices are crazy. Would like to try Lamb factory race exhaust but there's not much weight saved.
I see some exhaust cost 10-12K$$.
Thats just too much. I Do have 1 Priority, in wife mode it doesn't make noise in 5cyl mode on the highway. It can be a common issue with all models of cars.
Ive had a couple thru the years that would mess me up after a while.
So i will spend accordingly for it , Im still looking but was afraid to try the ENC or PLM.

The Soul exhaust price is very attractive. The crazy thing is if it were
for a chevy or ford it would be couple hundred bucks.
Have you been to any car meets and heard any other Huracans in person?
Thats my issue, I haven't and I know that would help me, vids can't do it for
the real sound.

No saving is worth anything if its not what you want.
The sound of this car is what sold me over everything.
Defiantly don't won't the wrong exhaust.

If you have A local to you custom exhaust shop they can definitely make you a test pipe like Soul and be cheaper. I have KOOKS headers close to me, they do
great work and knowledgeable on everything. You might have someone like that close to you and can talk in person and see operation and production.
If that's of any interest try googling your area and see if there are any custom fabricators/race car shops.

I need to go to some car meets and hopefully hear some. Looking at some used ones also, just not sure yet need to listen and learn some more.

·
Premium Member
12,259 Posts
You definitely have to hear them in person, no video or sound clip does any system justice.

·
Registered
104 Posts
You definitely have to hear them in person, no video or sound clip does any system justice.
RUSSK-Have you heard of a Drone with factory race exhaust on highway, when in wife mode?
Read of 1 complaint from someone when that 5cylinder mode kicks in thats when drone starts. I cant have that, and need to avoid that like the virus.
Yes Russk, need to hear some exhaust in person. Im hopping to hear some soon here in NY-LI area,
if not ill have to go to NJ for a car show, think its called top gear, there will be a bunch of huracan there, were i could hear them and pic they're brain.

But to anyone who has changed there exhaust could you please comment if you don't have that dreaded Drone on the HW and what exhaust you are using please.
Would be very helpful to know what choices i have that don't drone or do drone so i can cross off my list.
Also curious if im putting to much emphasis on getting a Tie.exhaust for that 50lb weight saving for my spyder or not that important?

That Soul exhaust must be very light also, but i need valves and no drone.
Please recommend if exhaust your using fits my needs.

Looked at STM Tie. exhaust last night for 10K. Thats to much for me.
Any info or heard anything about ENC Tie exhaust or PLM TI exhaust
would be appreciated. Its so cheap and light, if it doesn't drone would be perfect.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the advice so far. Russ are you happy with the tune? I know you mentioned rear wheel kicks out more and from coming from a heads and cam viper I really don’t care too much about that but know it’s an allure of the 580. I found with the stock tires this thing hooks extremely well for a rwd car and I’m hoping a better tire can mitigate the traction issues with the horsepower increase from the tune.

To be simple I’m open to any recommendation for a great reliable tune, exhaust and tire combo. It’s been such a joy to own I’ve tried hard to justify making an upgrade but it’s the first car I have that I’m thinking of keeping until the huracan replacement in a few years. Obviously some financial motivation is at play in that rationale! I think the mods I’m looking for will tide me over as the first two years of ownership are nearly in the books and it’s been rock solid and amazing each time I drive.

As an aside, a mother car I’m also keeping that surprised me more than any other car is the Shelby gt350R. My god the flat plane crank, NA engine, exhaust sound and overall feel of the car is maybe one of the best driving experiences I’ve ever had regardless of cost.

·
Premium Member
12,259 Posts
RUSSK-Have you heard of a Drone with factory race exhaust on highway, when in wife mode?
Read of 1 complaint from someone when that 5cylinder mode kicks in thats when drone starts. I cant have that, and need to avoid that like the virus.
Yes Russk, need to hear some exhaust in person. Im hopping to hear some soon here in NY-LI area,
if not ill have to go to NJ for a car show, think its called top gear, there will be a bunch of huracan there, were i could hear them and pic they're brain.

But to anyone who has changed there exhaust could you please comment if you don't have that dreaded Drone on the HW and what exhaust you are using please.
Would be very helpful to know what choices i have that don't drone or do drone so i can cross off my list.
Also curious if im putting to much emphasis on getting a Tie.exhaust for that 50lb weight saving for my spyder or not that important?

That Soul exhaust must be very light also, but i need valves and no drone.
Please recommend if exhaust your using fits my needs.

Looked at STM Tie. exhaust last night for 10K. Thats to much for me.
Any info or heard anything about ENC Tie exhaust or PLM TI exhaust
would be appreciated. Its so cheap and light, if it doesn't drone would be perfect.
I have heard any real noticeable drone noise with my system. Mine does sound different since the ECU/Exhaust tune. After the tune the pops and crackles are still fun, but borderline obnoxious. My wife thinks the car is going to blow up when she hears me coming from a block away.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can get you all a race X pipe system for $1600
The X pipe will smoothen the exhaust note and will balance both banks.

Seems like a very good price, do you ship to Sweden, I know it's hard to describe sound but are we talking Quicksilver / Larini loud or more Capristo X-pipe like sound?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have heard any real noticeable drone noise with my system. Mine does sound different since the ECU/Exhaust tune. After the tune the pops and crackles are still fun, but borderline obnoxious. My wife thinks the car is going to blow up when she hears me coming from a block away.
Txs Russk, that helps a lot knowing it doesn't have that drone, wife approval. Yes my wife doesn't have a clue either with the sounds, its funny the things they say sometimes.

·
Premium Member
12,259 Posts
Txs Russk, that helps a lot knowing it doesn't have that drone, wife approval. Yes my wife doesn't have a clue either with the sounds, its funny the things they say sometimes.
I can relate to that one, lol.

·
Registered
68 Posts
$1600 for any exhaust system is extremely good pricing, my only concern is the valves (does it have any?)

As much as I love a loud exhaust, I would want valves to quiet down the cold start - no need to piss off everyone in the neighborhood for no reason lol.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Unfortunately, not wife approved at all. It's ok with the top down as the wind noise is more than the exhaust. But with the top closed driving more than half an hour even in Strada is the most she accepts. It's better since we programmed out the cyl. deactivation. Otherwise there is an annyoing drone on 5 cyl. that is getting worse just before it activates the other 5 cyls. On all 10 it's better for sure.

I personally regret having the race exhaust installed. Very high cost, too loud and the drone on 5 cyl. Dealer who installed it had no solution and said it is as it is and that I'm not the only one who complains about the noise. At least they were able to keep all 10 on all the time, but of course I paid an additional grand just for that. Lucky me I kept the original exhaust and I can change it back if the acceptance level does not rise.

I guess Russk never drives with the top closed as there is no rain in Hawaii :)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
$1600 for any exhaust system is extremely good pricing, my only concern is the valves (does it have any?)

As much as I love a loud exhaust, I would want valves to quiet down the cold start - no need to piss off everyone in the neighborhood for no reason lol.
You know the valves are fully open on cold starts. It takes about 30 seconds until they close. With the race exhaust the neighbours are falling out of the beds when I start up the car - even on closed garage doors. It's like an earthquake one neighbour once said. Driving off in Strada is quiet enough when the valves are closed.

I would not call this an exhaust system. It's only pipes, no muffler or resonator and no valves. It will be loud as hell, some will like it for sure.

·
Premium Member
12,259 Posts
Robby, I have to laugh. I started mine up yesterday morning early and it was dead quiet outside, no wind and not a sound. I swear it sounded like it has gotten louder over time and use. Nearly blew the garage door down. I was so embarrased when I pulled out of my driveway hoping I wouldn't see any of my neighbors. There are many days when I want to take it to work with me, but it is just too early for that kind of a disturbance.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts