Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

There you go, a Japanese cop fabricated lies and ticketed 47 poor driver for speeding. It was said that the loser wanted to receive praise from his superior (and of course, get promoted for better pay in expense of people). I just want to say thank you to whoever invented the driving cam.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
My goodness that is terribly unfortunate given the stress and anxiety the driver experiences not to mention the impact on their insurance rates and the point penalties. Corruption will always exist and it appears this police officer was overly ambitious and wanted a shortcut to promotion. My first reaction is if was willing to bend the rules with speeding tickets what else has he done? As the investigation progresses they may uncover more misconduct as they start turning over the proverbial "rocks".

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
It鈥檚 unfortunate that corruption is everywhere. Our own chief of police and his wife (district prosercuter) both got the boot after years of corruption was uncovered.

Reactions: Sakura

Premium Member
97.0 Diablo VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
I've had my share over the years but never thought to ask the cop to see the radar readout. Just accepted his word because in all cases I knew I was speeding! I think if there is a next-time (knock on wood), I'll ask to see the readout on the radar gun. Anyone ever do that? How'd it work out if you did?

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
I've had my share over the years but never thought to ask the cop to see the radar readout. Just accepted his word because in all cases I knew I was speeding! I think if there is a next-time (knock on wood), I'll ask to see the readout on the radar gun. Anyone ever do that? How'd it work out if you did?
I have had friends that have done it, but not me. I knew I was speeding and just thought I better not piss him off by calling him out. I know we do have the right to see the readout.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My goodness that is terribly unfortunate given the stress and anxiety the driver experiences not to mention the impact on their insurance rates and the point penalties. Corruption will always exist and it appears this police officer was overly ambitious and wanted a shortcut to promotion. My first reaction is if was willing to bend the rules with speeding tickets what else has he done? As the investigation progresses they may uncover more misconduct as they start turning over the proverbial "rocks".
The retirement age here is like 65. That cop was 58 so he had only 7 years to go to get promoted and retire at higher rank with higher pension money. I am sure that if they really investigated, they would discover that the scheme has happened on all precincts.

I'm going to put my cams visible from miles away and maybe arm it with blinking led馃ぃ

It鈥檚 unfortunate that corruption is everywhere. Our own chief of police and his wife (district prosercuter) both got the boot after years of corruption was uncovered.
Oh my a chief cop & a prosecutor in one family. That is like the best corrupt team. Hey I can't win this case...can you fabricate an evidence for me? :rolleyes:

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The radar gun readout can be fabricated later because the system accepts numeric input. They must show the video of when the gun is actually fired to the car with readout. Will they show us the video? Nope.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
The retirement age here is like 65. That cop was 58 so he had only 7 years to go to get promoted and retire at higher rank with higher pension money. I am sure that if they really investigated, they would discover that the scheme has happened on all precincts.

I'm going to put my cams visible from miles away and maybe arm it with blinking led馃ぃ

Oh my a chief cop & a prosecutor in one family. That is like the best corrupt team. Hey I can't win this case...can you fabricate an evidence for me? :rolleyes:
What's the adage? Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Having said that there are many good men and women in law enforcement and equally true there are dirt bags in every profession. The only thing we can do collectively is set high standards and live by them. We may not be able to change these corrupt sorts but through our collective efforts we can lessen their impact.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What's the adage? Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Having said that there are many good men and women in law enforcement and equally true there are dirt bags in every profession. The only thing we can do collectively is set high standards and live by them. We may not be able to change these corrupt sorts but through our collective efforts we can lessen their impact.
Yep that bad cop got caught only because there was a good cop (his partner) that had a good conscience. It's rare for someone to stand up against the superior with senior rank in this country. He must have some guts, a true knight, or maybe the one that got ticketed was his gf 馃ぃ 馃ぃ

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Yep that bad cop got caught only because there was a good cop (his partner) that had a good conscience. It's rare for someone to stand up against the superior with senior rank in this country. He must have some guts, a true knight, or maybe the one that got ticketed was his gf 馃ぃ 馃ぃ
Yes, that honorable officer deserves credit because on the force if you inform on a fellow cop you will become something of a pariah. The good cop may have to swim upstream for quite some time, unfortunate but true. He will have difficulty even partnering up since he is by their code of ethics an "informer".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.