·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,071 Posts
"Then 2023 will mark the start of Lamborghini’s electrification plans, with Winkelmann revealing that the Aventador replacement will arrive that year sporting a plug-in-hybrid setup with a new V-12 engine. This will be Lamborghini's first plug-in model, and it will quickly be followed by two more, an Urus and a Huracán, in 2024. The Urus will use a V-8, but Winkelmann remained tight-lipped about what will power the plug-in Huracán, only saying that it will have a "completely new engine." According to Car it will be a V-8, but unlike the unit found in the Urus, it will be developed by Lamborghini itself and not shared with Audi or Porsche. Car claims the V-8 will have a 10,000-rpm redline and will be able to run on synthetic fuels, with the hybrid system generating an approximate total of 850 horsepower. "

Sounds good to me!

Reactions: amandeep18feb

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Then 2023 will mark the start of Lamborghini’s electrification plans, with Winkelmann revealing that the Aventador replacement will arrive that year sporting a plug-in-hybrid setup with a new V-12 engine. This will be Lamborghini's first plug-in model, and it will quickly be followed by two more, an Urus and a Huracán, in 2024. The Urus will use a V-8, but Winkelmann remained tight-lipped about what will power the plug-in Huracán, only saying that it will have a "completely new engine." According to Car it will be a V-8, but unlike the unit found in the Urus, it will be developed by Lamborghini itself and not shared with Audi or Porsche. Car claims the V-8 will have a 10,000-rpm redline and will be able to run on synthetic fuels, with the hybrid system generating an approximate total of 850 horsepower. "

Sounds good to me!
Must be a V8 turbo to get that much horsepower? Or just normally aspirated with the added electric power? 10,000 RPM should scream like a banshee if they don't choke it down with a turbo!

·
Premium Member
21,071 Posts
Must be a V8 turbo to get that much horsepower? Or just normally aspirated with the added electric power? 10,000 RPM should scream like a banshee if they don't choke it down with a turbo!
That is what I was thinking. V8 TT, I am sure it will be exciting whatever they do. Wink knows his customer base and will not disappoint us.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
I have heard other postulate that the "H" replacement could possibly be a 10-Cylinder engine with an electric motor assist.........I hope, I hope.

·
Premium Member
21,071 Posts
Like they said in the article, most likely a V8. Wink did say ”a completely new engine“ . So I wouldn’t hold my breath.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
Like they said in the article, most likely a V8. Wink did say ”a completely new engine“ . So I wouldn’t hold my breath.
Don't jinx our hope for the 10-Cylinder masterpiece! :giggle:

Reactions: amandeep18feb

·
Premium Member
21,071 Posts
Don't jinx our hope for the 10-Cylinder masterpiece! :giggle:
I know and I don't want to, but what could he mean by completely new? I think in others not the same as the current V10:cautious:😪😪😪

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
I know and I don't want to, but what could he mean by completely new? I think in others not the same as the current V10:cautious:😪😪😪
Who knows, you could be right and if they keep pushing the release date further out we may never know....................come to think of it that works for me!

·
Premium Member
21,071 Posts
Who knows, you could be right and if they keep pushing the release date further out we may never know....................come to think of it that works for me!
I don't mind the replacement getting pushed out, but I want to see the Tecnica asap so I can decide if I want one. I am hoping they are working on it and it will be leased or previewed next month.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
I don't mind the replacement getting pushed out, but I want to see the Tecnica asap so I can decide if I want one. I am hoping they are working on it and it will be leased or previewed next month.
The tecnica is as mysterious and illusive as...............no, no, more mysterious and illusive than the Loch Ness monster.
Seriously, the tecnica does sound intriguing with a likely hp bump, an updated look, a wing, and the 10-Cylinder NA engine.

·
Premium Member
21,071 Posts
The tecnica is as mysterious and illusive as...............no, no, more mysterious and illusive than the Loch Ness monster.
Seriously, the tecnica does sound intriguing with a likely hp bump, an updated look, a wing, and the 10-Cylinder NA engine.
It all sounds great, but what will it look like? If it is not substantially better looking with improved performance then I will just wait for the replacement.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
It all sounds great, but what will it look like? If it is not substantially better looking with improved performance then I will just wait for the replacement.
My bet is it will look great! One thing about Italians, they are great artists........

·
Premium Member
21,071 Posts
My bet is it will look great! One thing about Italians, they are great artists........
I am counting on it, but someone did suggest they heard it had a lot of bolt on looking aero stuff and that would kill it for me.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
I am counting on it, but someone did suggest they heard it had a lot of bolt on looking aero stuff and that would kill it for me.
I just don’t see that being the case. You know Russ, I initially thought the STO was unaesthetic so I guess that just reinforces the truth we need to approach new releases with an open mind and if you still don’t like it then go with the “H” replacement and its purported huge HP bump which for me sounds exciting.

·
Premium Member
21,071 Posts
I just don’t see that being the case. You know Russ, I initially thought the STO was unaesthetic so I guess that just reinforces the truth we need to approach new releases with an open mind and if you still don’t like it then go with the “H” replacement and its purported huge HP bump which for me sounds exciting.
It all sounds very exciting, just one thing I hope carries over to both the Tecnica and the replacement and that is........................do I even need to say it?

ALCANTERA

Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
It all sounds very exciting, just one thing I hope carries over to both the Tecnica and the replacement and that is........................do I even need to say it?

ALCANTARA
Russ, not to worry there are some new and promising treatments on the horizon for Tourette Syndrome. You too can be cured, and hopefully, there will be a cessation of the persistent vulgarity.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wonder what the price will be. All the redesign and increased horepower and most surely more automation dumbing the car down will cost. And that pushes the used Lamborghini prices up or at least holds them steady.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts