Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have this issue? Getting warning on dash but not 100% sure if it's fhe actually led strip it self or wiring. Want to make sure before I order the new light strip..is this a common problem?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts
Does anyone else have this issue? Getting warning on dash but not 100% sure if it's fhe actually led strip it self or wiring. Want to make sure before I order the new light strip..is this a common problem?
Check the fuses and connections first.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I had to replace the 3rd brake light in the wing on my 2011 LP550-2. It's an Audi part, not that expensive and very easy to replace yourself. Check around for prices. I seem to remember the Lamborghini and Audi dealers charging about the same.

·
Registered
2013 Gallardo - Final Edition
209 Posts
So, I recently installed an aftermarket stereo and replaced the factory camera as well (I had to pretty much take apart the wing). I remember while testing the camera I forgot to plug in the 3rd brake light and I got a warning light.

It is super easy to check, carefully pop out the little "caps" on each end of the light then unscrew the 2 bolts and remove it and check the connection. To be honest, it will not get disconnected by itself because it takes some effort to unplug it, but you never know. It could be a fuse but then you would have some other non-working lights I guess (I hardly doubt there is a dedicated fuse just for that light). So, anyway, my guess is the light just gave up... they are not that expesive to replace. They even sell Chinese ones for like 40 bucks but I would buy the OEM

·
Vendor
3,008 Posts
This has happened to a few customers of mine. There is a lot of vibration back there and over the years board inside can crack or solder joints on the board get loose. I have 3 OEM lights in stock if anyone needs, contact me.

Reactions: FontusBluG

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
563 Posts
Or water gets in and shorts them out. Very easy to bench test, just remember polarity matters.

Reactions: Jason B
1 - 6 of 6 Posts