Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! My name is Daniel and I'm new to this Forum.

I'm from Norway and I'm a Lambo fan to the bone.
I'm a student, and a graphics artist.
I do not own a lambo (yet), but I have made my own in 3d Studio max

What do you guys think??

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Welcome Daniel.

Very nice work. However, you need to make a yellow Diablo SV, as 2 of the 4 moderators in here are yellow SV owners. If we don't see a Diablo 3D redition in a month, you will be banned. :D Keep up the good work, again welcome. Just kidding on the banning threat. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Everything has been made by box modeling in 3dsmax.
They are about 11000 faces each in all. Which means they could be used in PC-games, -simulators. In fact in near future you can drive it in a free sim called racer. :) http://www.racer.nl/

Maybe some of you can provide som textures for me?
I need the rear end logos and rear extra lights. And I could need refrenses for the popup headlights and the rims.

The rims are not so detailed because they are low poly, to be fast enaugh to run in games.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Looks very nice, the blue is a great colour, only chianti percolor would be even more perfect ;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Daniel :

I'm not too familar with BOX modelling, I'm pretty new to 3D (using Maya) and people have told me that to model cars and such, NURBS is the way to go. How long did it take you to do that?

What were your references for this Countach man?

Bout the rims, you might wanna make a high res version just for show.

Can't hook u up with textures, I dont own one. Perhaps these fine gentlemen at Lambo-Talk wanna help? :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Great work! (I am into computer graphics as well, although more on the programming side than on the design side.)

If you could send me a large render, I could post some single or dual wallpapers of it on my site and link back to yours.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks all! :)

ganjamun said:
I'm not too familar with BOX modelling, I'm pretty new to 3D (using Maya) and people have told me that to model cars and such, NURBS is the way to go. How long did it take you to do that?

What were your references for this Countach man?

Bout the rims, you might wanna make a high res version just for show.
Box modeling aka poly modeling is that u start with a box with just a few polys and start tweaking the vertices and edges to fit u'r blueprint, and extrude faces. Then u subdevide your mesh and smooth out the surfaces. In 3dsmax this tool is called meshsmooth.

NURBS modeling is a very nice way to model cars indeed. Maya is very good at NURBS. 3dsMax is not. I use Rhino 3d for Nurbs modeling. It's a fearly simple program and quite easy to learn, which u can make very nice models.
take a look at http://www.suurland.com

But with NURBS u don't have the same control over the polycount and the poly structure as with box or poly modeling. (I'm not so sure about how it is with maya though, nor lightwave for that matter, but i know both are good for modeling with nurbs) But because of that, it's not so good to use NURBS for ingame models. Poly structure has alot to say when it comes to how good your model will look in a game.

I don't know how long it has been in all, but this project has taken very long time because I've been coming back to working on it many times. And it's with this model I've started to figure out how V-ray renderer/materials and HDRi images work. And now finally I've managed to make a car paint material that looks more real then I've ever managed before.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can you convert box based models into nurbs based models?

Would it be possible to convert your data format into something compatible to construction programs like CATIA or ProE?

How well does it function?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Those wheels are pretty accurate man, good work!! :tup: I hope to see them in racer soon. There is actually a Countach there btw, is that yours or some guy's?

Thanks for sharing.

You could convert Polys into Nurbs but you'll end up with alot more gemometry and you'll lose complete control of the model (too complicated)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts