Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I did not believe it untill I saw it with my own eyes, my Brother has a Ferrari 360 and he told me he found tires when he was in Italy that were only sold there and where wider than the famed Countach 345's. Well he was not BS-ing me I was at his house tonight for Christmas eve and saw them. Made by Pirelli and 355/25/19 on custom wheels, they looked great. At least there not on a production F car but in any case I never knew there was a size for sale wider than 345....at least not in this country :(

Merry Christmas to all :wave:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Actually Tirerack has these tires in stock. They are used by Novitec for their custom F360 and that size is actually the correct 19" size for the murcielago.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tezta said:
Actually Tirerack has these tires in stock. They are used by Novitec for their custom F360 and that size is actually the correct 19" size for the murcielago.

Well I don't know about that being the case for the Merci, and on tire racks web site they don't go larger than 345, but whatever....You can buy them somewhere since as I said my brother has them, I just did not know they were made.

Happy Holidays everyone! :wave:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Speaking of tires...later on I want to thrown on something to fill the rear wheel wells better...

Take a look at these tires and rims...A Ferrari member is getting ready to close on this car if it passes PPI... Nice tires...

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes nice, those are 335's. Smaller than Countach by 10mm. 345's ended with the Countach and from there on Lambo's had 335's also Vipers were 335 from 92' when they came out untill last year. The new Viper has a Countach matching 345 tread width, also the Ferrari Enzo is 345. I don't know what will fill the wheel wells more than that, but if those 355/25/19 will work then I guess that would be it. :)

·
Registered
584 Posts
It aint the size of the tire.....it's how you mount them...lol.

Anybody make spacers for the rear...QQ Iwas thinking 15mm would look perfect.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fl_355 said:
Tony - in the above car, is the "challenge style" grill stock or aftermarket? Any idea?

Frank,

I don't think it's factory stock. I have not seen that before on a 6.0 Diablo, However I'll be the first to admit that I don't know every single thing about every Lambo. I know from owning 3 Countach's and a Silhouette all the little details about those cars, and one day soon I will get my first Diablo and start paying attention to all the micro differences between Diablo's, buy again I don't believe that car pictured came with that rear grill.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Tony_Lambo said:
Yes nice, those are 335's. Smaller than Countach by 10mm. 345's ended with the Countach and from there on Lambo's had 335's also Vipers were 335 from 92' when they came out untill last year. The new Viper has a Countach matching 345 tread width, also the Ferrari Enzo is 345. I don't know what will fill the wheel wells more than that, but if those 355/25/19 will work then I guess that would be it. :)
Again, sorry for the late reply.

Those 355s would definitely work with Diablo, but the main question is WHY would you want to use those tires for their Diablo? The only reason to buy and use them is for the bling factor.

One thing to consider is there are no tire manufacturers that make the front tires that would match these new 355s for the Diablo. So, if you get these for your Diablo, you'd have a front and rear mismatched thread. Pirelli used to make the regular P-Zeros in 19s but they have long discontinued it. The new ones are different thread design.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts