Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all , I have been looking around for an answer to these 3 questions that but I could not find any discussion topic on this , and it’s not in the lamborghini manual as well . Please take a look at these 3 pics and help to share if i you have the answers to these . Thanks in advance !

1) I found a valve on top my fuse box behind the left rear engine bay . What’s this valve for ? It’s not connected . I am wondering if this comes with the car and what’s the function ?

2) while cleaning the ECU area around the right rear seat I found wires

a) going through middle transmission tunnel , may I know what’s the function of these wires ? Where do they connect to ?

b ) there is a connector split out from that wire but not connected to anything , what’s this connector for ?

3) there are a bunch of wire going through the right side rocker panel and there is a connector not connected to anything . Do you know what’s the function of this connector ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Hi all , I have been looking around for an answer to these 3 questions that but I could not find any discussion topic on this , and it’s not in the lamborghini manual as well . Please take a look at these 3 pics and help to share if i you have the answers to these . Thanks in advance !

1) I found a valve on top my fuse box behind the left rear engine bay . What’s this valve for ? It’s not connected . I am wondering if this comes with the car and what’s the function ?
That is fuel tank air valve, it is ECU operated and needs to connected with air pipes, so it does not affect air balance in your intake.

2) while cleaning the ECU area around the right rear seat I found wires

a) going through middle transmission tunnel , may I know what’s the function of these wires ? Where do they connect to ?

b ) there is a connector split out from that wire but not connected to anything , what’s this connector for ?

3) there are a bunch of wire going through the right side rocker panel and there is a connector not connected to anything . Do you know what’s the function of this connector ?

There are lot's of unused wire connectors in these cars, factory have made one type of wireloom for most cars and if car is for excample going to be US-spec car, it would have automatic seatbelt system fitted. Some cars got CD-changer and some wires are for that. I do not know what those wires are, but I would not worry about them.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,001 Posts
I have many wires looking for friends also Leslie. I gave up look for a mate for them years ago. Like Mikael. Don't worry about them mate.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mikael , Bruce

Thanks ! I will ignore the rest of the extra connectors I was wondering and search for the info for awhile .

Btw Mikael , the item 1 , fuel tank air valve is a very good info and finally I saw it in your diagram , thank you very much ! Pls help to provide me one more info as you can see from the below pic , mine has no air pipes are connected to it ( I will connect the pipes) . I also notice there are 2 pins for connector to plug in , I assume there should be wires to plug in for ECU to control the valve I believe ? Can you confirm ? I will go check out if I can find the wires there . You can see form the pic , no pipes and nothing is plug in on my car .

As of now my car is running very well without this set up but I really want to make it perfect ... especially when I see items are not connected .. and may cause long term impact to our car if it’s not set up properly .

Thanks again !

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Mikael

I think I found something here , there will be 2 wires connected to it . There’s also a description what’s this valve for ( although I still need to understand and learn more about this) . Thank you very much for pointing the diagram to me that lead to me to be able to find more info ! This is very useful info and I will fix up the valve in my car which is currently not connected ( I don’t know why the previous owner removed it )

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi all ,

Can someone point me to the right direction ? I found 2 diagrams , which one is correct ? My car is 94 VT . Thanks in advance !

1) one doc shows engine intake vacuum hose connect to the top connector of the canister purge valve .

2) the other diagram (from parts doc) shows the intake vacuum connect to the front tip of the purge valve

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
My Diablo has no check lights issues but my purge valve was bypassed . The intake Vacum pipe was connected directly to the canister .

This was not how it was set up originally so -

I managed to finally hooked up the purge valve solenoid. In order for me to study how does fuel canister purge valve works in Diablo , I install a small led so that it will lights up when ECU send a signal to turn on the purge valve to show that the fuel vapor is transferred to engine intake . I notice something consistent but not logical after connected the purge valve . If you have studied this function in detail pls share your experience.

1) when key is On position ( led is on , it goes off when car is started) this is correct . This is like ecu sent signal to initiate the purge valve .

2) when my car started (below 80 degree coolant temp) the strange thing is that the led is on( means purge valve is open and connected fuel canister to intake ) . Normal operation below 80 temp the purge valve should be off . But No “check light” even when led is on

3) after 2-3 mins driving still below 80 coolant temp. Now the led is off (purge off close) . At this moment when slow down in traffic light somehow always “check light R “ is On and I notice the purge valve led is now on

4) next 40 -50 SEC , check light R goes off and purge valve led is also off . Now purge valve is closed .

5) drive on highway and reaches/pass 80 degree coolant temp but the purge valve is 90% OFF during the drive ( sometime you can only see a blink led of 1-2 SEC means purge valve On for that few sec ). The check light R will never appear again after pass stage 4).

Until I park and off the car the sequence will repeat 1-5

What I am puzzled is that the purge valve should open when stage 5) but instead it keeps it off most of the time .

Anyone can help me and explain this ? I am so curious why diablo works opposite to the purge valve functions compare to any ordinary car ?

I think that the “check light On “ at 3) was due to ECU is adjusting to this new condition and probably will take weeks to recalibrate itself . But I am not sure

·
Registered
12,001 Posts
Hi all ,

Can someone point me to the right direction ? I found 2 diagrams , which one is correct ? My car is 94 VT . Thanks in advance !

1) one doc shows engine intake vacuum hose connect to the top connector of the canister purge valve .

2) the other diagram (from parts doc) shows the intake vacuum connect to the front tip of the purge valve

What pages in the parts manual are these pictures Leslie?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What is the purge canister for?
The canister purge valve, also commonly referred to as the purge valve, is an important component of Evaporative Emission Control (EVAP) system. This system restricts the fuel vapours created in the fuel tank from escaping into the atmosphere by trapping them in a charcoal canister.

the purge valve is an electrically-operated solenoid, that is controlled by ECU . The purge valve precisely controls the amount of fuel vapor that is purged from the charcoal canister to the engine intake . ( fuel saving )

1 - 14 of 14 Posts