Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm approaching my 2nd year maintenance on my -'19 Huracan RWD. So was wondering what is detailed in this service and what everyone is paying for this type of service thru the dealer. When I took my car in for the 1st service, I noticed the price and type of service was different from dealer to dealer.

Since Im in Southern California -OC/LA area, anyone recommend a good dealership and a good service advisor?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just checked with my dealer and they want $3700 for the 2nd year service. They are stating it needs a major service with spark plugs, oil, coolant, brake - fluid changes.
Can anyone confirm if this is right? Sound alot to do for just a 2nd year service and very costly!

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
The book does say plugs at 2nd service but then goes on to say something about it depends on driving conditions. Also says it wont effect warranty if you skip. I did plugs at 4th and that is where most seem to do

Reactions: hipertec

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just checked with my dealer and they want $3700 for the 2nd year service. They are stating it needs a major service with spark plugs, oil, coolant, brake - fluid changes.
Can anyone confirm if this is right? Sound alot to do for just a 2nd year service and very costly!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm approaching my 2nd year maintenance on my -'19 Huracan RWD. So was wondering what is detailed in this service and what everyone is paying for this type of service thru the dealer. When I took my car in for the 1st service, I noticed the price and type of service was different from dealer to dealer.

Since Im in Southern California -OC/LA area, anyone recommend a good dealership and a good service advisor?

I bought my hurcon performante at the la Jolla dealership and those guys down there treated me right... I would have my work done there except I live in Nevada... And yes $3,700 for the second maintenance routine is spendy but if you're going to have a exotic car you should resign yourself to the fact that maintenance is very expensive but worth it!! the only fluid that they don't change is the transmission...... And at just over 10,400 MI...I have one coming up very soon myself. From what I was told it takes about 11 shop hours to complete.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also have a 2017 R8 Plus (similar to the Huracan 610) with the Audi Care maintenance program for 4 years. Just did my 3rd year service and no plugs done. Just oil change and brake fluid flush. So weird that similar cars but with different scheduled services and prices.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I also have a 2017 R8 Plus (similar to the Huracan 610) with the Audi Care maintenance program for 4 years. Just did my 3rd year service and no plugs done. Just oil change and brake fluid flush. So weird that similar cars but with different scheduled services and prices.
Yeah I agree with you... And to be quite honest I can't see changing the spark plugs for example if they don't need to be... But in my case I have to have my car trailered which is an 8-hour trip because the Audi dealership here in town doesn't do anything other than a oil change on my hurcon... So if I'm going to have the second maintenance routine done I'm going to have it all done...even though our cars are similar, I'm sure the maintenance on your R8 is less than my hurcon don't make me feel bad dude lol.

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
No one I know with Huracans did the plugs at 2nd service. Here is what is says in Scheduled Maintenance Plan Book, it does say Plugs but has a (*) after it, which then states this,

"Although not strictly necessary, these operations are recommended if the vehicle has often been operated on dusty roads or in abnormal driving conditions. If these operations are not carried out during warranty period , the warranty will NOT lapse".

And on my EVO AWD it has free Scheduled Maintenance the first 3 years and I'm very sure they will say no plug change on 2nd service.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No one I know with Huracans did the plugs at 2nd service. Here is what is says in Scheduled Maintenance Plan Book, it does say Plugs but has a (*) after it, which then states this,

"Although not strictly necessary, these operations are recommended if the vehicle has often been operated on dusty roads or in abnormal driving conditions. If these operations are not carried out during warranty period , the warranty will NOT lapse".

And on my EVO AWD it has free Scheduled Maintenance the first 3 years and I'm very sure they will say no plug change on 2nd service.
Thanks Blu Bull. So I think 2nd is only oil change, brake fluid change, and coolant fluid change?

Does this sound right and any idea what this should cost?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
5,926 Posts
FYI, as with @Blu Bull and others, the Austin dealership didn't think changing the plugs was indicated at the second year service.

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
FYI, as with @Blu Bull and others, the Austin dealership didn't think changing the plugs was indicated at the second year service.
If you look in your book you will see it is indicated but like I said has that (*). If I remember correctly my second year service was around $1,200. Have you asked your dealership about free service yet?

·
Premium Member
5,926 Posts
If you look in your book you will see it is indicated but like I said has that (*). If I remember correctly my second year service was around $1,200. Have you asked your dealership about free service yet?
The Charlotte dealership* stated they would change the oil at 9K miles or one year whichever comes first. I have not heard back from the Austin dealership yet.......I will update as soon as I hear from them.

*I spoke to Chase the manager to get accurate feedback

Reactions: Blu Bull

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Good to hear that, hopefully the person that told me the other thing is wrong. My car shows it needs that first service in 11 days, so I just called to ask about scheduling and asked about the oil change. First he asked if I had the maintenance plan and I said I think so? Since on the Evo AWD order guide there is no option to order it and just shows as standard. He took down my info and going to look into it and call me back

Reactions: Lambo2018

·
Premium Member
5,926 Posts
Good to hear that, hopefully the person that told me the other thing is wrong. My car shows it needs that first service in 11 days, so I just called to ask about scheduling and asked about the oil change. First he asked if I had the maintenance plan and I said I think so? Since on the Evo AWD order guide there is no option to order it and just shows as standard. He took down my info and going to look into it and call me back
Great.....collectively we are a formidable force!

·
Premium Member
5,926 Posts
My friend, the Austin Dealership service manager got back with me and yes they will change all fluids as required by time or mileage whichever comes first. (y)

Reactions: Blu Bull

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Got a call back from my dealership and after running my VIN he said my car has the 3 years free service, so looks like it does come standard with the AWD. He checked with the tech who does the service and he said car will get all the things that are listed for 1 year service including oil change. Made an appointment for next Wednesday so hopefully this is what happens. But I'm very sure when I go in for 2nd year service they will say plugs don't need to be changed, they will hold off on that till 4th year when you have to pay

·
Premium Member
5,926 Posts
Got a call back from my dealership and after running my VIN he said my car has the 3 years free service, so looks like it does come standard with the AWD. He checked with the tech who does the service and he said car will get all the things that are listed for 1 year service including oil change. Made an appointment for next Wednesday so hopefully this is what happens. But I'm very sure when I go in for 2nd year service they will say plugs don't need to be changed, they will hold off on that till 4th year when you have to pay
Great! I would push for the plugs you can insist on mileage or time criteria. After all if the dealerships do the service they probably get reimbursed from Lamborghini........I always have watched the service being done on my Porsches and if they permit I will do that with the EVO. Caught a few mistakes* and some attempted overbilling for work that was "allegedly" done.

*and prevented some mistakes from coming to pass

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
I do plan on waiting for car so will try and keep an eye but with it being free service wont be any bill. Is a nice money savings since my service on my LP610 was about $1,200. So I would advise potential RWD buyers to get the package that includes this, easily pays for itself.

·
Premium Member
5,926 Posts
I do plan on waiting for car so will try and keep an eye but with it being free service wont be any bill. Is a nice money savings since my service on my LP610 was about $1,200. So I would advise potential RWD buyers to get the package that includes this, easily pays for itself.
I watch for two reasons to learn a bit and to assure they perform the work that's required. One time I watched everything to include the oil change than I looked at the bill and I was flabbergasted. It stated they put 9 units (unit not specified) of oil in my 718 Cayman S and I called the dealership and spoke with the service manager and the conversation went like this........I see you have a 9 under the quantity of oil so I asked is that quarts? He then with all the contempt and arrogance he could muster stated of course why? I said that's interesting and again with a healthy dose of arrogance he said interesting why? Well I stated the 2018 718 Cayman S on it's best day can only hold about 6.2 quarts.............then he started to back pedal and fumble....ah ah ah I will get back with you. Needless to say they corrected the price. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts