Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been said before but I think you should all be aware of whats happend and Im keen to hear your opinions.

Bought car Jan 04, clutch failed August 04 with 4k on the clock. They tried to charge me but i kicked up a fuss and they did it for free. May 05 and the new clutch has failed with 2k done!! They have refused now and I have had to pay £4,700.00 (UK Car).

I have kicked up an all mighty fuss and been in contact with their service manager in italy to no avail.

The 2nd time it went it was bit odd, the car developed an oil leak and when accelrating (not touching the clutch pedal) the engine would rev but not for a few seconds would not do anything (i.e. felt like something was slipping). A lot of people said probably oil leaked onto the clutch causing that, but lambo denied. Im not even convinced they replaced the clutch last year with the new upgraded one (they didnt mention it was upgraded at the time) .

I own a 360 manual and after 9,000 miles still on the first clutch.

Just want to get rid of it now, never to buy another lambo, which is a shame as i loved it otherwise.

Anyone got any ideas how best to progress this?

·
Registered
62 Posts
The following is a quote. It is a reply that I posted yesterday when a gallardo owner started a thread regarding a problem with the clutch.
.......................................................................................................
What is the matter with you guys! All I hear about on this site is clutches going on cars below 10 000 km. I have owed my gallardo for about 2 years now, got almost 20 000 great km behind it and everything still works like it did when new. The only time I visited the dealership throughout those 2 years was to do a regular scheduled maintenance, and to get a close up look of the Mucielago Roadster. So far I have had nothing but great driving out of my g-car with no surprises, which is the opposite of what I am hearing about from most owners!
.......................................................................................................
By the way, i have never heardo of a clutch going twice before the car does 2 000 km, your car must be defective is some way. And your dealer doesn't seem that great either, I do most of my servicing, ext with P.3 Automobiles in Cannes, I also visit Lamborghini of Paris on ocation, both dealers are great.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I had my new clutch retrofited a couple weeks ago and the dealer had done a great job. E-gear software also has been upgraded. Now the shifting feel great and the timing is even quicker than before.

I think some clutches of G-cars have problems but the factory didn't tell and mine was one of them. As I was told the new clutch I have on my G-car now is different from the old one, may be it's about the clutch material.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Chris, I think this thread is about manual cars, not e-gear. The clutches are quite different.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Contact Trading Standards/Citizens Advice Beureau. Alternatively you may have legal cover thorugh your car insurance or home contents. So you could use that.

I think their attitude may well change once they recieve a well written letter from a solicitor.

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts