Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to actually ask a stupid question but want everyone to chime in if you have some information to share. I have a 2018 Perf with 3200 miles. It is due for 2nd service before June 11th. I am getting prices from 2300 to 4900 for the service. All of places called are Lamborghini dealers. They are saying I need to change out the plugs at 3200 miles. I was buying into this until I read a DIY post that between 10k and 20k depending on type of driving you do is when this is recommended. I own a Ford dealership so I have the tools, lifts etc. to do this work. Want to use Lamborghini while car is under warranty. So my question is this: should I trailer the car 400 miles and let them do the service or do the service here. Mainly we are talking oil change and plug replacement (if really needed) along with cabin, and air filters. I like working on my stuff. Planned on it after the warranty ran out while I was considering the purchase. Does anyone have an issue on where the work is done as long as it is done and done correctly?

·
Premium Member
1,388 Posts
Book says change plugs second year but has an * where it states something about only if you driving in dusty dirty conditions. Also it says if you don't change plugs warranty will not be effected. I don't think anyone changes plugs on 2nd service. On my new Evo it says same thing but will be interesting to see what they do on year 2 since first 3 years of services are free on it. Pretty sure they will say plug change is not needed

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,674 Posts
From what I have read you can do the work and not void the warranty as long as it is documented and done properly. Also using the recommended fluids/parts. Though, as I am sure your aware if the service is done and something is damaged because it was done improperly/poorly there would be an issue with the warranty. I would call the Lamborghini dealership and ask the question and see what they say.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Skip the plugs, those can be done after 5+ years. I did mine on the 6th year and they looked brand new.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I would recommend going to a Lambo Dealer just to have it recorded in case there are warranty work needed in the future but I am 1 hour away from 3 dealerships. As far as the spark plug change- as others have noted, it is NOT required on the 2nd year.

I just went thru this with my 2nd year service and the dealers in S Cali. First off, the new service advisor at Newport Lambo is horrible. He was very insistent that 2nd year MUST include a spark plug change otherwise your warranty can be voided at a cost of $4700.

After calling 3 other Lambo dealers, which said no spark plug change is required unless you have high miles/tracking/etc... Told this to the Newport advisor and he said thats fine, he can do the service without plugs BUT he will not mark the 2nd year as completed service in the Lambo system and still charge me the dealer price. That was ridiculous! The only reason why we take our cars to Lambo service is to mark it as complete and there is a record. Otherwise we would take it to a Indy shop and save $$$$.

Long story short- Took to another Lambo dealer that did a great job (without the spark plug change), marked in the service records, and paid $2300 vrs the $4700 for the 2nd year service.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,674 Posts
@hipertec, you paid less than half for the 2nd service; nice savings. When did the other dealership recommend changing the spark plugs?

·
Registered
137 Posts
@hipertec, you paid less than half for the 2nd service; nice savings. When did the other dealership recommend changing the spark plugs?
If I remember right, I think they said on the 4th year service for spark changes. But as others have noted, definitely not on the 2nd year unless you drive your car hard, have high miles or dusty area.

What was crazy was even at $2300, the parts was like 25% of that bill and the rest was into the labor. The lambo dealers are making a killing on the labor service that is why Newport was trying to get every bit of time to charge.

I also have a Gen 2 R8 Plus which bought the maintenance service for 4 years. I did my 3rd year a few months ago and no spark plug change from 1-3 years.

·
Premium Member
1,388 Posts
What do you think the odds are we get our plugs changed on our 2nd no cost service? I'm betting close to zero

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,674 Posts
Given I have the 3 year maintenance covered on the EVO I may try to get it done a little earlier (< 3 years).

·
Registered
137 Posts
What do you think the odds are we get our plugs changed on our 2nd no cost service? I'm betting close to zero
I will bet zero chance they will change your plugs on the free maintenance plan. I have the same plan on my R8 that is still under warranty and zero spark plug change. I even doubt they will change on the 4th year service (last one).

·
Premium Member
1,388 Posts
They will plug car into computer and say it's not needed, just like how Ferrari now does it to keep from giving an oil change during free maintenance services

·
Registered
137 Posts
They will plug car into computer and say it's not needed, just like how Ferrari now does it to keep from giving an oil change during free maintenance services
WOW- thats crazy if during the free yearly maintenance plan - they dont do an oil change. I definitely would do a yearly oil change, regardless of miles.

·
Premium Member
1,388 Posts
I will bet zero chance they will change your plugs on the free maintenance plan. I have the same plan on my R8 that is still under warranty and zero spark plug change. I even doubt they will change on the 4th year service (last one).
Pretty sure on the R8 scheduled maintenance services plugs are not required till 5th or 6 year

·
Premium Member
1,388 Posts
WOW- thats crazy if during the free yearly maintenance plan - they dont do an oil change. I definitely would do a yearly oil change, regardless of miles.
I had a big fight with them when they wouldnt do the oil change since they used "free yearly oil change" as a selling point. They offered to do at half price, I said ok. Then when car was done I took keys and drove off without paying anything

Reactions: hipertec

·
Registered
137 Posts
Pretty sure on the R8 scheduled maintenance services plugs are not required till 5th or 6 year
Im pretty sure you are correct on the R8. Im sure they would not want to offer it for free until the service plan is out.

The funny thing is my Gen 2 R8 Plus is identical to the Huracan 610 AWD model. Even in the engine has all the Lamborghini/Audi stickers- But here we have Lambo dealers trying to milk us for everything they can.

PS- just saw your 1st year oil change post...good for you for walking off..I would be pissed off too.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,674 Posts
I have communicated with the service manager at the Austin dealership and he indicated that irrespective of mileage they will perform the prescribed maintenance. Though, this is what he said regarding the Spark Plugs and he was talking specifically about the 6th year service: "If 20k or higher the spark plugs would be replaced if original". That seems to be consistent with the comments that have been made already, in that, the 2 year mark would be way early to change them out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts