Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys , just wondering if picking up a 2017 Lp 580 with 10k miles is a good buy right now . carfax value is about 215k and the dealer is asking 217k
Do you think it’s the right time to purchase or wait a few months and see if it drops and if it does drop will it be significantly lower and worrth the wait ? I find it hard to believe the huracan s will drop 10-20k any how

opinions ??

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thats pretty high for a 2017 580-2 coupe, but its where the market is at the moment. If you like the car and are ok with losing some cash if production ramps up/market shifts....then grab it. No one knows how long these prices will hold. For example I was offered a 2017 580-2 spyder, clean title, 6500 mile car for 175k in late 2019....now dealers are easily asking 235k for the same car.

You might be able to get your own financing ready and grab a private party car for 10k or so less...but there is currently a lack of inventory.

If you find something you really like and can afford it...then I would buy now and enjoy.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Change all references of the car to a popular stock symbol then read the same question in that context.

It’s basically the same thing in this current car market. Nobody has the answer you seek.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Personally, I’d order a new one if you can afford the difference and can wait. Youd get a car that’s 4 years newer for no more than 15-20% more. When it comes to used cars, the condition of the car is key IMO.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Personally, I’d order a new one if you can afford the difference and can wait. Youd get a car that’s 4 years newer for no more than 15-20% more. When it comes to used cars, the condition of the car is key IMO.
It’s a clean 1 owner vehicle , the manager at the Lamborghini dealership who has the car says he sold and knows the 1 owner , older gentleman.. but yah I might look into buying new it’s just hard to find the spec.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats pretty high for a 2017 580-2 coupe, but its where the market is at the moment. If you like the car and are ok with losing some cash if production ramps up/market shifts....then grab it. No one knows how long these prices will hold. For example I was offered a 2017 580-2 spyder, clean title, 6500 mile car for 175k in late 2019....now dealers are easily asking 235k for the same car.

You might be able to get your own financing ready and grab a private party car for 10k or so less...but there is currently a lack of inventory.

If you find something you really like and can afford it...then I would buy now and enjoy.
I’m pretty upset I didn’t buy a performante back in 219 they were going for 270-280k now over 330k
2 years later… something I’ll kick myself for but I get you … decisions decisions …

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Order one new.

In early 2019, I bought a 1000 mile one owner $270k MSRP no stories 580 for $190k with no sale tax due to private sale.

Scored such a good deal I am elated daily driving the 580

·
Registered
456 Posts
Order one new.

In early 2019, I bought a 1000 mile one owner $270k MSRP no stories 580 for $190k with no sale tax due to private sale.

Scored such a good deal I am elated daily driving the 580
What state makes you pay no sales tax?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Like other have said, money wise you are better off buying a new one. The prices for used is pretty crazy right now. The thing is I don't like the new ones. Easy fix, I just keep the one I have.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Like other have said, money wise you are better off buying a new one. The prices for used is pretty crazy right now. The thing is I don't like the new ones. Easy fix, I just keep the one I have.
I’m looking at a 2018 Lp like yours now. The carfax matches the blue book value
I’m probably paying 15k more then I should but it sa one owner car and I know the owner so it’s we’ll maintained …

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,648 Posts
That price is high even for a 610. At the begining of the year my 2018 Sypder sold for $190K with 2000 miles on it.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,648 Posts
This just another example of how prices are way out of wack.

Reactions: DXM31

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
a couple months ago, there was a ‘blue’ Frankenstein Diablo from Chicago? They were asking $150k back then. Now at a different dealer, someone is asking $275k. 1991 Lamborghini Diablo

Also, a purple Diablo on eBay just sold for $135k. A dealer out in Palm Springs is now asking $220k.

Are these fly by night dealers for real???? Slap an outrageous price tag on it… maybe someone bytes.

stunning business/game they run!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I’ve seen some used car lots here in Vegas that normally don’t carry high end exotics get in the game now. Bunch of $15K cars on the lot and a couple of $250K ones too 😀

1 - 20 of 24 Posts