Lamborghini Talk banner

2023 Urus - Mid-Cycle Refresh Coming?

66K views 840 replies 52 participants last post by  Delta33 
#1 ·
I was planning to order a Urus with the Pearl Capsule (Arancio Borealis) but supposedly the build slots are fully booked up and my next choice would be a Blue Cepheus build. My SA is now saying if I order now its likely going to be a 2023 build (August/September 2022 allocation) and they don't have details on the changes to the Urus. Have any of you heard of the month cutoff where the Urus changes over to the following model year? Additionally, any word from your dealers on the mid-cycle refresh? My wife and I were looking to buy a Urus but even 2019's are at MSRP or more, we're fine waiting 10-12 months to get one at MSRP and we're pretty firm on Arancio or Blue Cepheus.

#2 ·
I think we will all know a lot more after the first of the year. A facelift is coming to the Urus, but no one knows how soon. I would have to Think by 2023 latest.

Reactions: kotykb
#3 ·
The mid life will be coming. It’s going to be a sport version of the current with some new body style changes. There are some rumors of a luxury version coming out as well. My dealer didn’t have anymore details to share exactly. We know it will have more HP Ect. I did give a deposit for that. Personally I would prob wait for it.

#8 ·
Thanks for that, I'm fine putting in a 2022 order to hold my position but I obviously don't want an allocation for June/July with September is the cutover to the refresh! Hopefully I can put a tentative order in for a September allocation. Did your dealer tell you which allocation month they were locking for you or are they waiting for future allocations?

#11 ·
I hope so bc that sounds way better than urus sport:)

#12 ·
Urus performante is what they were using for a name. Not sure if it’s going to stick. I placed a deposit a few months ago. My dealer said as of now it’s looking like a urus sport it will be called. Rumors of a “luxury” version as well. Definitely a sporty version. Not sure if that’s STO level where you can’t get leather ect. None of those details have been released. We know some body work , and a HP bump for sure. Im personally looking for a sporty look on the exterior but I still want the same options on the inside. Full leather ect. My next gen aventador will have the sporty inside.

#13 ·
@Leon I went to my dealer today and the refresh should start production in September of 2022 and its likely there will be a "Performante" trim along with the base model. They said I should be able to secure an allocation for December or January. They were unsure what the allocations were going to be between the models and obviously pricing. Its crazy that some of the 2019's with 30k+ miles are still being listed at MSRP. I assume the first generation Urus will decrease in demand with the refresh being the hot model. Also once the refresh is announced, I'm sure the waiting list will get pretty deep at most dealerships. We'll likely go with the base Urus since we really don't need the "Performance" model and I'm sure its going to be a lot more expensive. For retained value over time though, the Performance model might prove to be the one to get but who knows!

#21 ·
We’ll this just happened. I went onto my unica app and I now have 2 urus on there. 1 - being the one I own and now another that says on order. So that’s my deposit that I have down. It’s the 2023. So it looks like the new one is starting up. Most I know I right. I will say it wasn’t there 2 weeks ago

#22 ·
Same here:)

#41 ·
The app won't allow screenshots I guess

#57 ·
I was told the MMI is getting an update as well. I believe they'll be a lot of changes to the refresh model, it's the volume seller and it needs to keep with competition and also entice current Urus owners to trade up.

Speaking of the Urus "sport" my dealer said they're only receiving 1-3 allocations for the first production year which seems quite low for the Urus but I did put a deposit down and I will be trading my Urus for one.

#58 ·
Interesting. I never asked mine how many. It already appeared in my unica app so I know something’s brewing right now. I’m trading mine in for sure. I absolutely love it. My biggest question is do I do white or black this time?! I have black now. I love and hate it. I’m ocd with keeping it clean and it’s rough

#76 ·
Lamborghini Urus Evo Will Be Even Better Than We Thought

Weight reduction and power boost on the cards before the Urus goes all-electric.

CarBuzz recently reported on the high-performance variant of Aston Martin's DBX, which is promising more power and a more thrilling driving experience to tackle the Lamborghini Urus and upcoming Ferrari Purosangue. But Lamborghini isn't prepared to relinquish its performance SUV title just yet, with the brand already spotted testing its riposte to the aforementioned rivals.
In an interview with British motoring publication Autocar, Lamborghini's Stephan Winkelmann shared some details on the even more hardcore Urus variant, likely to be called the Evo. The CEO revealed the super SUV will go through two sets of updates before 2024. "We have two steps," said Winkelmann. "The first is the facelift, which adds more power and less weight [...] for the performance-oriented car. And then in 2024, we will have all our lineup hybridized, and the Urus is an important part of this."

A weight reduction will see the portly Urus tip the scales at slightly less than the hefty 4,850 pounds of the current model, while a boost power past the 4.0-liter V8's already strong 641 horsepower is also expected. As with the updated Huracan presented in 2019, it's likely the facelifted super SUV will gain the Evo nomenclature.

As mentioned, 2024 will see the Urus gain hybrid technology before being replaced altogether, by a fully-electric model.

Winkelmann told Autocar the all-electric Urus will be a "completely new car". As for when it will arrive, the CEO would not say, but the marque's first EV is slated for 2028, and if the Urus will become its second EV, then you can bet on its arrival before 2029.

Based on spy shots, the upcoming Urus Evo retains its overall body shape, with just a few minor tweaks and detail changes keeping the performance SUV fresh. Up front, the sculpted hood appears to have been upgraded, now sporting vents centrally positioned on either side of the body panel.
More aggression is gained with the supplementary set of vent-like styling elements meeting at a sharp angle and flowing down to the lower bits of the facia. Round back, a subtly redesigned bumper and faux diffuser freshen up the look. Once the camouflage is removed, we'll be able to get a better look. Expect revisions to the cabin, too.
The uprated Lamborghini Urus is slated for introduction in 2023, just in time to hopefully fight the Purosangue and DBX S for top honors in the super SUV class. But if you're craving a high-powered Lamborghini SUV and can't wait until then, the eccentric team at Mansory have paired up with MTM to create one seriously powerful alternative.

#77 ·
Lamborghini Urus Evo Will Be Even Better Than We Thought

Weight reduction and power boost on the cards before the Urus goes all-electric.

CarBuzz recently reported on the high-performance variant of Aston Martin's DBX, which is promising more power and a more thrilling driving experience to tackle the Lamborghini Urus and upcoming Ferrari Purosangue. But Lamborghini isn't prepared to relinquish its performance SUV title just yet, with the brand already spotted testing its riposte to the aforementioned rivals.
In an interview with British motoring publication Autocar, Lamborghini's Stephan Winkelmann shared some details on the even more hardcore Urus variant, likely to be called the Evo. The CEO revealed the super SUV will go through two sets of updates before 2024. "We have two steps," said Winkelmann. "The first is the facelift, which adds more power and less weight [...] for the performance-oriented car. And then in 2024, we will have all our lineup hybridized, and the Urus is an important part of this."

A weight reduction will see the portly Urus tip the scales at slightly less than the hefty 4,850 pounds of the current model, while a boost power past the 4.0-liter V8's already strong 641 horsepower is also expected. As with the updated Huracan presented in 2019, it's likely the facelifted super SUV will gain the Evo nomenclature.

As mentioned, 2024 will see the Urus gain hybrid technology before being replaced altogether, by a fully-electric model.

Winkelmann told Autocar the all-electric Urus will be a "completely new car". As for when it will arrive, the CEO would not say, but the marque's first EV is slated for 2028, and if the Urus will become its second EV, then you can bet on its arrival before 2029.

Based on spy shots, the upcoming Urus Evo retains its overall body shape, with just a few minor tweaks and detail changes keeping the performance SUV fresh. Up front, the sculpted hood appears to have been upgraded, now sporting vents centrally positioned on either side of the body panel.
More aggression is gained with the supplementary set of vent-like styling elements meeting at a sharp angle and flowing down to the lower bits of the facia. Round back, a subtly redesigned bumper and faux diffuser freshen up the look. Once the camouflage is removed, we'll be able to get a better look. Expect revisions to the cabin, too.
The uprated Lamborghini Urus is slated for introduction in 2023, just in time to hopefully fight the Purosangue and DBX S for top honors in the super SUV class. But if you're craving a high-powered Lamborghini SUV and can't wait until then, the eccentric team at Mansory have paired up with MTM to create one seriously powerful alternative.
So the Urus Evo will be the main facelift in 2023 (probably announced later this year) and the hybridized Urus will be introduced in 2024. But didn't they announce that there will be 2 new Urus products presented in 2022? What about the Urus Sport/Performante? Are the spyshots confirmed to be the facelift and not the sport version?

#81 ·
What I was told by my SA is the Urus "EVO" or whatever it'll be called will be the performance version The "normal" Urus will be the hybrid that will be available to order next year.

He also mentioned the huge backlog of the current Urus that needs to be filled so he told me by the time customers receive the Urus EVO the hybrid will be available for sale. I'm still confused about the 2 Urus that are expected to launch this year.

#82 ·
What I was told by my SA is the Urus "EVO" or whatever it'll be called will be the performance version The "normal" Urus will be the hybrid that will be available to order next year.

He also mentioned the huge backlog of the current Urus that needs to be filled so he told me by the time customers receive the Urus EVO the hybrid will be available for sale. I'm still confused about the 2 Urus that are expected to launch this year.
The 2 different front fascias could either be different developement stages of the same car or the performance variant and hybrid variant both testing.

My guess is that they'll announce the hybrid urus at the end of the year and it will only be available to order in Q1/Q2 2023 (similiar to what was rumored of the A replacement with the presentation in August and order books open in Q1 2023). That's technically still 2 Urus-variants presented (that was the term Winkelmann used) this year.

#87 ·
I think I'm going to go with the Evo (is that officially the name now or is sport/perf still possible?) and worst case if I hate it, trade it back in for the hybrid a year or two later. My understanding is that the hybrid is staying but the non-hybrid will be limited run.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.