Lamborghini Talk banner
741 - 760 of 784 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
The S>Perf sounds similar to the S8>RS8. For me I wanted the carbon options like the carbon bonnet so it made sense to jump up to the Perf.

Btw, here's a clip of the Perf lapping at Nardo. According to the driver "the Performante is about 2sec quicker than the standard Urus at this track" which means nothing to 99% of U buyers but I think driving dynamics will be much sharper than the S.
Which is about 1% for a ~3 minute track .. not that impressive. But you might be right about the different feeling in daily driving. The STO also feels quite different to the EVO in that regard.

And i am sure you are also right that 99% of the buyers don't care (i don't). I think they will actually prefere the more comfortable version with air-suspension.

If all as you say, then hard not to agree - need to see the final specs, but performance doesn’t sound too different at all. The air suspension could be the better option for road driving as well & the Urus is hardly a track focussed car!

if you’re not a fan of the carbon bonnet or roof then seems little point in paying the extra cash for the Perf, but perhaps we’re missing something?
I don't think we are. My guess is they released the Performante before the facelift on purpose, just as a money grab.
And later on they will release the facelift without a big announcement and hope the Performante buyers won't notice so they don't get upset it's basically the same car for less money.

I really hate what lambo is doing here, but at the same time i am glad, because my waiting periode for the Urus (Facelift) would have been longer than for the Performante :geek:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Which is about 1% for a ~3 minute track .. not that impressive. But you might be right about the different feeling in daily driving. The STO also feels quite different to the EVO in that regard.

And i am sure you are also right that 99% of the buyers don't care (i don't). I think they will actually prefere the more comfortable version with air-suspension.

I don't think we are. My guess is they released the Performante before the facelift on purpose, just as a money grab.
And later on they will release the facelift without a big announcement and hope the Performante buyers won't notice so they don't get upset it's basically the same car for less money.

I really hate what lambo is doing here, but at the same time i am glad, because my waiting periode for the Urus (Facelift) would have been longer than for the Performante :geek:
Was talk in the U.K. that the S would start arriving in early 2023 & first deliveries of Perf would be March/April…

I like the carbon & Perf stands out, I’m just hoping ride is not too harsh on our awful U.K. roads!

Lamborghini CEO is super smart & he knows that releasing new variants & controlling supply keeps demand high & allows pricing/margins to push up… we can’t complain either as resale goes up with it I guess….

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Was talk in the U.K. that the S would start arriving in early 2023 & first deliveries of Perf would be March/April…

I like the carbon & Perf stands out, I’m just hoping ride is not too harsh on our awful U.K. roads!

Lamborghini CEO is super smart & he knows that releasing new variants & controlling supply keeps demand high & allows pricing/margins to push up… we can’t complain either as resale goes up with it I guess….
When I lived on Long Island I would be very hesitant with the perf. Im now in Florida and the roads are pretty good. Not exactly great turning roads to have fun but good.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I'm not worried about the ride quailty unless your commute is on really rough roads.

The media event for the S & Perf is next month during the dealer meetings in Rome so we should get some good side by side comparisons.

I think the performante nameplate adds extra value as stupid as it sounds. I'm just glad I was able to secure an allocation.

·
Registered
45 Posts

That’s correct, should be getting mine Jan/Feb, which the way my STO is still getting delayed might be before it..
The UK is really not getting many STO’s compared to the row.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The S>Perf sounds similar to the S8>RS8. For me I wanted the carbon options like the carbon bonnet so it made sense to jump up to the Perf.

Btw, here's a clip of the Perf lapping at Nardo. According to the driver "the Performante is about 2sec quicker than the standard Urus at this track" which means nothing to 99% of U buyers but I think driving dynamics will be much sharper than the S.

Is that 2secs quicker than the original Urus or the new Urus S?

·
Registered
2022 Blu Cepheus Urus
289 Posts
The MSRP’s are just going to go up so the factory gets more, the dealer gets less, allowing Lamborghini to stop the shady dealers from messing with the reputation.
I would prefer to pay much more for a Lamborghini than to deal with a sleazy dealer. Will also help with exclusivity so the companies is as profitable with the less cars it would sell due to higher MSRP.

a lot of brands are already doing this but probably need to turn it up notch.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
The MSRP’s are just going to go up so the factory gets more, the dealer gets less, allowing Lamborghini to stop the shady dealers from messing with the reputation.
I would prefer to pay much more for a Lamborghini than to deal with a sleazy dealer. Will also help with exclusivity so the companies is as profitable with the less cars it would sell due to higher MSRP.

a lot of brands are already doing this but probably need to turn it up notch.
We'll probably see a hefty MSRP for the AV and H replacement which will prevent dealers from charging $50k+ ADM on non-limited models.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Imagine the dollar strength vs. Euro is pushing up US list prices a lot….

We don’t have any sort of ADM in the U.K., but certainly expectations from dealers around spend on options & future plans to order further vehicles & promise them first option on trade-ins. This seems a much more “business” type relationship than someone simply being asked to pay a huge premium to get to the top of the allocation list…

741 - 760 of 784 Posts