Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning to order a Urus with the Pearl Capsule (Arancio Borealis) but supposedly the build slots are fully booked up and my next choice would be a Blue Cepheus build. My SA is now saying if I order now its likely going to be a 2023 build (August/September 2022 allocation) and they don't have details on the changes to the Urus. Have any of you heard of the month cutoff where the Urus changes over to the following model year? Additionally, any word from your dealers on the mid-cycle refresh? My wife and I were looking to buy a Urus but even 2019's are at MSRP or more, we're fine waiting 10-12 months to get one at MSRP and we're pretty firm on Arancio or Blue Cepheus.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,663 Posts
I think we will all know a lot more after the first of the year. A facelift is coming to the Urus, but no one knows how soon. I would have to Think by 2023 latest.

Reactions: kotykb

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
The mid life will be coming. It’s going to be a sport version of the current with some new body style changes. There are some rumors of a luxury version coming out as well. My dealer didn’t have anymore details to share exactly. We know it will have more HP Ect. I did give a deposit for that. Personally I would prob wait for it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The mid life will be coming. It’s going to be a sport version of the current with some new body style changes. There are some rumors of a luxury version coming out as well. My dealer didn’t have anymore details to share exactly. We know it will have more HP Ect. I did give a deposit for that. Personally I would prob wait for it.
I'll find out when I'm at the dealer this week when the 2023 Model Year starts, I assume that's when they're going to change over to the mid-cycle refresh. I might need to place an order now for the current generation then once the refresh comes out, update the spec.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I'll find out when I'm at the dealer this week when the 2023 Model Year starts, I assume that's when they're going to change over to the mid-cycle refresh. I might need to place an order now for the current generation then once the refresh comes out, update the spec.
Absolutely. At least place a deposit for the next one

·
Registered
434 Posts
My understanding is there will be a refresh, and a 'sport' version also

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered a new Urus on 12/1. I was told model year cut over is September 1st. Order was submitted as a 2022. SA said it would most likely be a 2023 since current build estimates are 10-12 months.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ordered a new Urus on 12/1. I was told model year cut over is September 1st. Order was submitted as a 2022. SA said it would most likely be a 2023 since current build estimates are 10-12 months.
Thanks for that, I'm fine putting in a 2022 order to hold my position but I obviously don't want an allocation for June/July with September is the cutover to the refresh! Hopefully I can put a tentative order in for a September allocation. Did your dealer tell you which allocation month they were locking for you or are they waiting for future allocations?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Thanks for that, I'm fine putting in a 2022 order to hold my position but I obviously don't want an allocation for June/July with September is the cutover to the refresh! Hopefully I can put a tentative order in for a September allocation. Did your dealer tell you which allocation month they were locking for you or are they waiting for future allocations?
I have a deposit on the future sport version but absolutely no timeframes. With that said, it now shows already as on order like my sto in unica

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
If you have your SA go into LOOM there's a drop down menu for the Urus and it'll showa 2023 Urus Performante. I wonder if this is the sports model?

·
Registered
434 Posts
If you have your SA go into LOOM there's a drop down menu for the Urus and it'll showa 2023 Urus Performante. I wonder if this is the sports model?
I hope so bc that sounds way better than urus sport:)

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Urus performante is what they were using for a name. Not sure if it’s going to stick. I placed a deposit a few months ago. My dealer said as of now it’s looking like a urus sport it will be called. Rumors of a “luxury” version as well. Definitely a sporty version. Not sure if that’s STO level where you can’t get leather ect. None of those details have been released. We know some body work , and a HP bump for sure. Im personally looking for a sporty look on the exterior but I still want the same options on the inside. Full leather ect. My next gen aventador will have the sporty inside.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@Leon I went to my dealer today and the refresh should start production in September of 2022 and its likely there will be a "Performante" trim along with the base model. They said I should be able to secure an allocation for December or January. They were unsure what the allocations were going to be between the models and obviously pricing. Its crazy that some of the 2019's with 30k+ miles are still being listed at MSRP. I assume the first generation Urus will decrease in demand with the refresh being the hot model. Also once the refresh is announced, I'm sure the waiting list will get pretty deep at most dealerships. We'll likely go with the base Urus since we really don't need the "Performance" model and I'm sure its going to be a lot more expensive. For retained value over time though, the Performance model might prove to be the one to get but who knows!

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
@Leon I went to my dealer today and the refresh should start production in September of 2022 and its likely there will be a "Performante" trim along with the base model. They said I should be able to secure an allocation for December or January. They were unsure what the allocations were going to be between the models and obviously pricing. Its crazy that some of the 2019's with 30k+ miles are still being listed at MSRP. I assume the first generation Urus will decrease in demand with the refresh being the hot model. Also once the refresh is announced, I'm sure the waiting list will get pretty deep at most dealerships. We'll likely go with the base Urus since we really don't need the "Performance" model and I'm sure its going to be a lot more expensive. For retained value over time though, the Performance model might prove to be the one to get but who knows!
Sounds good to hear. If this is a suv your using daily or often I wouldn’t want the performante either, unless it keeps it’s luxury still. If it’s all suede and no leather I’ll just do the midlife

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sounds good to hear. If this is a suv your using daily or often I wouldn’t want the performante either, unless it keeps it’s luxury still. If it’s all suede and no leather I’ll just do the midlife
I don't mind the alcantara seat inserts in my Macan GTS but its pretty annoying putting seat covers on it everyday after the gym, also with this material in a Porsche you can't get the cooled seating option but I think in the Urus pearl capsule, it was available

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I don't mind the alcantara seat inserts in my Macan GTS but its pretty annoying putting seat covers on it everyday after the gym, also with this material in a Porsche you can't get the cooled seating option but I think in the Urus pearl capsule, it was available
I like them, but I just prefer leather in this. In the cars completely different story. I’m also in NY/ Fl With them. So with the rain ect I rather have leather

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just an estimate of “probably” a 2023.. the dealer is not allowed to skip a model year on the order sheet and that is why officially it’s a 2022 order. We won’t know actual build date until 8 weeks prior to production. He mentioned a few times that with the amount of builds they have placed he expects their/my allocation to be a 2023. I’m not sure how it works among other dealers that may not have as many custom builds.

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
I like them, but I just prefer leather in this. In the cars completely different story. I’m also in NY/ Fl With them. So with the rain ect I rather have leather
Help me out because I'm in Florida. What's the problem with Alcantara and rain? Not that it will ever rain in my car. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts