Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I am the proud owner of a new 2021 Lambo Huracan Spyder that I have to wait 3 weeks to drive because of PPF scheduling. My question is with the lift kit, can you safely drive over speed bumps and do you still have to cut it at an angle even with it on. Also do you have to have the lift kit on for every speed bumps and slight ramps into shopping centers. Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,865 Posts
I use mine often, but not all speed bumps are as bad as others. Sometimes I don’t have time to wait for it and just take slights ramps on an angle. You will get to know when and where to use it once you start driving to all your familiar locations. I would recommend just using it whenever in doubt. My only complaint about it is it moves so slowly. It’s much slower than my Gallardo.

Reactions: MVP23

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm almost scared to try any bumps/ramps without it on and then hear the dreaded scrape noise. Do you cut the speed bumps at an angle when you have it on or just go straight over?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,865 Posts
I always slow down if I see any kind of a bump or a ramp or a dip in front of me and if I have time I will raise the lift, but it takes so long to get fully raised sometimes I’m past the hazard before it’s up. There is also a plastic piece that hangs down that you will hear scraping and that is not the bottom of your car. When you get your car take a look at the underside of the front and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the sage advice. I never bought a supercar before and all these videos that I am watching said to cut it an angle and sometimes you don't have room for all that. Lol, I will find out soon enough.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm extra careful so I angle the car AND turn on lift. The good thing about the H front lift is that it operates quite quickly. It does take some time to go all the way up to the max height but the initial lift is fast enough to get you out of any terrible scrapes. For good habit practice, do BOTH angle the car and turn on lift if possible.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Yea almost all the scraping sound you will here is this plastic air dam. I almost never need to use lift, just go slow and angle if you can. You will get use to when lift is needed

Reactions: MVP23 and DXM31

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Depends where you live and where you're driving. I drive my H to work and the covered parking garage has numerous speed bumps, ramps and an angled entrance. Activating the lift is 2nd nature, in fact I activate the lift while waiting at the stoplight before making the turn into work. With the lift up, I do not have to take bumps at an angle. I also installed skid plates from Shardul but after a couple years they haven't taken much damage. Like a 911, there is a plastic hanging lip a few inches in from the front splitter. Like Scott said many times when you hear scraping it is from this lip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts