Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I’m getting my new Evo Rwd soon and I’m wondering if anyone else has successfully applied PPF to the plastic parts ie. splitter, rear bumper, engine bonnet grills etc. ? I don’t have a style package on my car so those parts aren’t painted but I want to know if PPF will stick to it. Thanks

·
Registered
2021 Huracan Evo RWD Spyder (ordered, April 2021 delivery)
352 Posts
Mine has style pack (so painted) and of course PPF sticks, hopefully you have some pics soon!

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
It shouldn't be a problem however I was told if it's matte plastic and you try to install gloss PPF it might cause some issues.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'm having a similar discussion with my PPF installer regarding the matte carbon on my STO and whether or not I can add gloss PPF.

Btw, did you buy your RWD from LoV? Looks like the coffee bar...

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Covered the gloss plastic on mine and no problem. Makes it so much easier to clean

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm having a similar discussion with my PPF installer regarding the matte carbon on my STO and whether or not I can add gloss PPF.

Btw, did you buy your RWD from LoV? Looks like the coffee bar...
Yup

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,828 Posts
@Chriscc, I have an outstanding installer and I asked the question about covering the black plastic (without style package) on my 2019 580-2 and he said there would be adhesion problems and it would not look that good. Here is a quote from a thread from another car forum that I read addressing that same question: "I have seen PPF over the plastic and it is really not that appealing. Yes it will help protect it but it looks like you have saran wrap over your plastic". On my Porsche 3RS I did the whole car but not that plastic side vents, wheel vents or Naca ducts.
As you clearly already know, with the style package it's highly recommended.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts