Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help deciding on my new Lambo order. Spyder or Coupe AWD?
I really like the spyder but have never owned a soft top. Concerned about wear and tear, any rattling noise when top is up (or down) and the best way to maintain. I currently own a McLaren 720s Spyder. Love the look but the car is in the shop more often than not. I am very particular about my cars, so little things like when the top is down there is a lot of rattling, not as much as when it is up (but its still there) drives me nuts!!
I test drove a Huracan Spyder with top up and down, did not notice any rattling so that's a good thing. Car was solid, as it should be.
I am not the guy who puts the top down in a 90 degree afternoon in Charlotte. I am the guy who puts the top down during my 7am drives on Saturday and Sunday.

My wife says get the coupe and roll down the windows. If only the decision was that easy!

Any input would be appreciated. Any negatives to the Spyder? I know headroom is limited but the new sport seats take care of that for me. Just want to make sure I consider all the pros and cons.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,824 Posts
I wouldn’t have anything but a spyder and I’m on my fifth one. They are solid as a rock and the benefits are fabulous. Also since the release of the Huracan you open and close it up to almost 40 mph. You the best of both worlds.

Reactions: DXM31 and snl51200

·
Registered
890 Posts
They are more limited on interior space.
And I am the guy who puts the top down 90+ degrees in Texas. A couple of days ago my son was driving and we were sitting in the drive thru at Taco Bell and he puts the top up??? Wimp.

·
Premium Member
15,824 Posts
I am looking forward to the new Sport Seats, supposed to give you more room and 2" lower than the comfort seats.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are more limited on interior space.
And I am the guy who puts the top down 90+ degrees in Texas. A couple of days ago my son was driving and we were sitting in the drive thru at Taco Bell and he puts the top up??? Wimp.
HAH!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
The EVO Syders already have more room, Depending on the seat the most rear position can be programmed by the dealer (el. seats only of course). The ones I've seen even had a coat hanger on both sides (LOL)

·
Registered
63 Posts
You will know which one you prefer if you can spend some substantial time in the cabin....the coupe feels a bit roomier inside IMO but I’m 6’1 and I like a little extra space around me.

The spyder is a car I would always leave the top down in anyways and very few people on here have regretted getting one despite the soft top. If you’re a convertible guy you may miss it. I’m always going back and forth between coupe and convertible depending on the model of car.

Both are amazing vehicles.

·
Premium Member
15,824 Posts
It is most definitely a personal preference. You have to love the car with the top up or the top down, which I do. I have always been a soft top guy my entire life. So for me there was no other choice. After having had so many spyders honestly I can’t think of one single negative.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts