Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of my New Evo only 3 weeks ago. I told her this morning for about 30 miles without any issues in the infotainment screen was working just fine. Went to a restaurant and when I returned and started the car the screen was blank. Turn the car off and back on several times with no success. Drove the car home and then started it back up again still no success. Any Information out there regarding what could be the issue?

·
Registered
2021 Huracan Evo RWD Spyder (ordered, April 2021 delivery)
354 Posts
I have no idea but you might also try turning the headlights on, plugging your phone in with usb cable, etc. Im just thinking of things that might trigger the software to reintialize the screen.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts
Yes, the same thing happened to another member. I think they had to replace his entire screen. The infotainment system as a whole has been problematic. I hope that member chimes in here and then he can share his experience. You might try a search on infotainment issues.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
Man that pisses me off, that happened to @WhiteBull see thread below post #28 & #30:

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
I had to trade my new 2021 EVO RWD which had problems from day one, and now I have to wait several months on a new one because Lamborghini can't make their VERY basic infotainment system operational. They need to pull their collective heads out of their nether regions. For a car worth over a quarter of a million dollars they are lost at sea when it comes to the new infotainment system.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I have no idea but you might also try turning the headlights on, plugging your phone in with usb cable, etc. Im just thinking of things that might trigger the software to reintialize the screen.
This reminds me of a neighbor I had who had an XKE, everytime he hit is brakes the windsheild wipers would stop. His solution was he didn't drive it when it rained. I would anticipate a British car to have electrical issues, but a German engineered car, not so much.

·
Registered
2021 Huracan Evo RWD Spyder (ordered, April 2021 delivery)
354 Posts
This reminds me of a neighbor I had who had an XKE, everytime he hit is brakes the windsheild wipers would stop. His solution was he didn't drive it when it rained. I would anticipate a British car to have electrical issues, but a German engineered car, not so much.
I agree it shouldn’t happen, but if the MMI has to be replaced then it might be weeks before the parts are available. I certainly empathize with how frustrating that would be.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
I asked to have the infotainment system/screen changed but that was not forthcoming, and the other issue was every time they mucked around with the car it came back a little worse for the wear and with more issues not less. So, when they offered to buy it back for full MSRP with 1750 miles on the clock I felt that was the best option, not a perfect option but, after careful consideration, the best option.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
As we all know, if the infotainment system goes belly up the car is not only hobbled but rendered useless, and if happens outside of warranty, ouch! The QA is lacking and possibly a design flaw but these issues need to be resolved at the factory level.
Another observation, the dealerships do what they can but the infotainment system is, for the most part, beyond their technical abilities to both understand and take needed corrective action, and as such, are heavily reliant on the factory for answers. In my case the solution never came but I was promised a software patch down the road but the ETA was date uncertain. Apparently, the engineers in Italy were able to reproduce the problem I was having with my infotainment system (which has since manifested in other new EVOs), and are working on a solution.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
This is why I wish the EVO had an analog controls option.
At least make it an option but I do understand why they don't. Lamborghini makes so few(relatively) cars it is not worth the trouble. Personally I am happy it is not an option, keeps me from buying one. Imagine if Lamborghini came out with a Balboni version of an EVO, analog controls, RWD, manual trans. I would be putting my name on that list. We all know that's not going to happen.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts
I guess going forward the infotainment system is something they really need to improve. I don’t like the location, it is too low from my line of sight and requires looking away from the road. Also they need to put some of the controls in the steering wheel. When they do that I will much happier. It’s like the whole thing was an afterthought to add some electronics to the Huracan.

Reactions: DXM31

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
... It’s like the whole thing was an afterthought to add some electronics to the Huracan.
This. To make an effective screen they would need to redesign the whole dash and not just add it to the existing one. The fact is doesn't work very well only exasperates the problem.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
I guess going forward the infotainment system is something they really need to improve. I don’t like the location, it is too low from my line of sight and requires looking away from the road. Also they need to put some of the controls in the steering wheel. When they do that I will much happier. It’s like the whole thing was an afterthought to add some electronics to the Huracan.
Though, Russ I still feel the infotainment system evolution was both prudent and necessary but what is disappointing is it failed to perform at an acceptable level at the time of release. Once these issues are ironed out I will be quite supportive, and I am confident between now and the release of the MY2022s that will be the case. On the flip side, if Lamborghini did not update their user interface they we would run the risk of the dated interiors we see in Ferraris' which to me and others would be unacceptable.

·
Registered
219 Posts
It’s like the whole thing was an afterthought to add some electronics to the Huracan.
This. To make an effective screen they would need to redesign the whole dash and not just add it to the existing one. The fact is doesn't work very well only exasperates the problem.
Of course it‘s an afterthought, just as DMX31 said.
To begin with, I dare to say the whole touchscreen-hype in today‘s cars instead of real buttons is absolutely the wrong way. And if this infotainment unit is placed too low just like in case of the EVO, it‘s twice as bad.
I‘m perfectly happy with the real buttons in the first generation Huracan, as well as it offers me the possibility to view the Navi map right in front of me where it belongs. One of the biggest shortcomings of the new infotainment in the EVO if you ask me.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
@rossi, point well taken but, counterpoint, I like the infotainment system concept and when they get it up running I am all in. Having said that there is room for improvement, I still think they could throw in infotainment system buttons/controls on the steering wheel, and a volume knob near the infotainment screen as well.
BTW, I received a lengthy EVO survey several weeks back in which I was brutally honest and provided many suggestions, has anyone else had an opportunity to take said survey?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
... Once these issues are ironed out I will be quite supportive, and I am confident between now and the release of the MY2022s that will be the case...
Optimistic? It took Lamborghini three years to get me out of China in Google maps. The issues with the touch screen are more complex, plus, at some point adding Alexa to the mix.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Agree with Russ on the need for physical buttons. Ferrari's LED steering wheel has physical buttons and once learned there is no need for fiddling the center console or taking one's eyes off the road.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Just saw a revue of the Ford Mustang Mach E, they put a rotary dial on a touch screen with an on/off button in the middle of the dial. If you gotta touch screen why not both?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
@fraja1127, any update on the infotainment screen? Has it been sorted or they still working on it?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.