Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,805 Posts
Linked my phone with bluetooth no problem
car play only seems to work if the phone is connected with the USB cord
how can that be on a car like this ??
is there a solution im missing
thanks
Nope, that is the way it is, I asked the same question. Ridiculous isn’t it.

·
Premium Member
16,805 Posts
I rarely use Apple CarPlay because I don’t want a chord attached to my phone. It’s really a shame they haven’t got that figured out to be wireless. I’m hoping there will be some kind of a software upgrade that will eliminate the need to wire It.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I rarely use Apple CarPlay because I don’t want a chord attached to my phone. It’s really a shame they haven’t got that figured out to be wireless. I’m hoping there will be some kind of a software upgrade that will eliminate the need to wire It.
there are carplay wireless adaptors im looking at them now ,,,,

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
My wife's E300 has a wireless Carplay adapter that works well if you're only pairing one Iphone wirelessly with the adapter does not work as well with multiple paired phones.

Brand is "Carplay2air" from China. I read ahead of time that returns are super difficult so make sure you want to purchase it as returned item needs to be packaged/insured/shipped to China.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,373 Posts
As has been stated, no cord.......no play. Not quite high tech more like intermediate tech.

·
Premium Member
6,373 Posts
So what is the advantage of the wireless adapter? If I am going to plug in an adapter I will plug in the wire for the USB. Though, personally I don't use Apple CarPlay all that much.

·
Registered
60 Posts
So what is the advantage of the wireless adapter? If I am going to plug in an adapter I will plug in the wire for the USB. Though, personally I don't use Apple CarPlay all that much.
The reviews I saw on it seemed to imply it functioned as a dongle for connectivity for your phone inputs - utilizing CarPlay without having to have the phone physically connected.

·
Premium Member
6,373 Posts
The reviews I saw on it seemed to imply it functioned as a dongle for connectivity for your phone inputs - utilizing CarPlay without having to have the phone physically connected.
I see but I have the USB cable pre-positioned and ready to go if I want to use CarPlay so the "dongle" doesn't seem provide any net gain......still have to plug something in either way.

·
Premium Member
16,805 Posts
I see but I have the USB cable pre-positioned and ready to go if I want to use CarPlay so the "dongle" doesn't seem provide any net gain......still have to plug something in either way.
Yes I agree if I still have to plug something into the USB port it defeats the purpose. Just less cable hanging around. I have used CarPlay twice, other than that I am wireless with Pandora or other streaming music.

·
Premium Member
6,373 Posts
Truth be told I can waste money as well or better than anyone but the dongle is a bridge to far for me.;) Though, if it rocks your world, by all means, enjoy!

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
The dongle is always plugged in to the USB cable and left in the center console. The Iphone connects wirelessly via Bluetooth you can leave it in your pocket or on a vent-mounted holder with no wire atttached.

·
Premium Member
6,373 Posts
The dongle is always plugged in to the USB cable and left in the center console. The Iphone connects wirelessly via Bluetooth you can leave it in your pocket or on a vent-mounted holder with no wire atttached.
I see thanks for the clarification but CarPlay is not something I use and if I were so inclined I would simply plug the cable as needed.

Reactions: surfah
1 - 17 of 17 Posts