Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Lamborghini Diablo SV
240 Posts
As much as I despise CA, I love Car Week. Last time I was there in 2014, I still lived in Cali. Drove up my FGT and it was a blast. Would love to bring the Diablo this time, but now it's just a wee bit too far.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My wife and I will likely go but we'll probably bring a regular car down to Monterey.

I just looked up the Laguna Seca schedule hoping I could snag a track day that weekend, too, but it's a Rolex Reunion. That would pretty badass, though.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
watching the historics at Monterey while drinking IPA at the corkscrew is lots of fun!

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,328 Posts
Geno, I’m in! How about I ship Clyde to your place and we drive down the coast together? More to follow offline.

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,675 Posts
Anyone heading to Quail?

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
Anyone heading to Quail?
I have never been but I am curious. It seems like a very expensive event: their website only has admission at something like $2900 and another one at $12,500. Anybody care to sell me on the quail experience being worth that much?

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have never been but I am curious. It seems like a very expensive event: their website only has admission at something like $2900 and another one at $12,500. Anybody care to sell me on the quail experience being worth that much?
I've never seen the value in it either. But if you want to hob nob with the rich and famous, see some ultra rare, one of one, or concept cars, then it's the place for you.

·
Registered
Diablo 6.0
110 Posts
Tickets to Quail might be hard to come by this year since they cancelled last year's event and rolled over all the 2020 tickets to 2021. Normally they have a lottery in February for the 'affordable' tickets (~$650).

Quail is one of those events where the people who can afford to pay for the tickets get free tickets from sponsors. The rest of us pay the ridiculous price to mingle with them. Great show with awesome food and drink. Chance to meet Pagani, Koeingsegg, Winkelmann, Leno, Magnus Walker, etc...

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'd drive my 6.0 up from LA - what's involved in getting...involved ?

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
First order of business would be to secure lodging...it’s insane, a $49 a nite motel room goes for $500 during car week.

then register your car with concorso.

in the past all the Diablo‘s have first met at Steve’s shop in Gilroy and blasted down to Monterey together with great fury. Not sure if he is planning anything this year or not, but I know he is going with his 6.0.

·
Registered
240 Posts
First order of business would be to secure lodging...it’s insane, a $49 a nite motel room goes for $500 during car week.

then register your car with concorso.

in the past all the Diablo‘s have first met at Steve’s shop in Gilroy and blasted down to Monterey together with great fury. Not sure if he is planning anything this year or not, but I know he is going with his 6.0.
envy intensifying

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
put it on on a truck... i have been 15 times, its amazing. or fly up. Its an amazing thing, the historics at laguna seca are my favorite. But seriously you bought that amazing machine, how could you miss the 30th anniversary of the mighty diablo...?

·
Registered
240 Posts
put it on on a truck... i have been 15 times, its amazing. or fly up. Its an amazing thing, the historics at laguna seca are my favorite. But seriously you bought that amazing machine, how could you miss the 30th anniversary of the mighty diablo...?
Certainly a possibility. I've transported cars to events thousands of miles away before. This would certainly qualify as 'worth it', but this last year (and even this last week) has resulted in a game of catch-up that makes taking an extended vacation a questionable financial decision. Gotta pay for the toys before I can actually play with them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ill be there most likely. been going to Car week for more than 10 years. If i can find a Diablo by then, ill try to make it. Otherwise Ill be down there with my P-cars at Werks, Carmel or at Pebble on Sunday (I volunteer there).

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
Just heard that last week was announced the 50th anniversary of the Countach will be featured on 18th hole at Pebble Beach on Sunday August 15th.

So, the 30th anniversary of the Diablo the day before at Concorso Italiano and the 50th of the Countach the next day makes 2021 Monterey Car Week extra special :)

OK, so who's going? I'm already registered for Concorso.

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,675 Posts
I'm heading down, glad I booked my hotel rooms earlier in the year.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts