Lamborghini Talk banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Ease of maintenance if the whole car is wrapped. Don't have to worry about paint swirls from washing it and I didn't wax it for a year. Although I do wax it more than that now, I like waxing the car. I know ceramic coating... I have put over 8000 miles on my car so far and sometimes I do drive it in traffic and those little rocks don't worry me as much. But yes, if it is not worth it to you then, just don't do it. $6000 wasn't that big of a deal and I plan on keeping this car forever. In 10 years I will wrap it again.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
Ease of maintenance if the whole car is wrapped. Don't have to worry about paint swirls from washing it and I didn't wax it for a year. Although I do wax it more than that now, I like waxing the car. I know ceramic coating... I have put over 8000 miles on my car so far and sometimes I do drive it in traffic and those little rocks don't worry me as much. But yes, if it is not worth it to you then, just don't do it. $6000 wasn't that big of a deal and I plan on keeping this car forever. In 10 years I will wrap it again.
All good reasons and as to your last comment you, my friend, are an actual Lamborghini owner not caretaker. I am listening and learning! ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
My 458 is wrapped from head to toe. I wouldn't not do it on any exotic car in the future.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
Bottom line do what makes you comfortable; that balance is different for each of us. It's all good.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I live in nice weather no salt on road. Dont have to worry about hail. I never PPF but I do ceramic coat for ease of washing and maintenance. I dont drive in the rain or tailgate semi-trucks and have not had an issue with stonechips noticeable enough for me to care.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I live in nice weather no salt on road. Dont have to worry about hail. I never PPF but I do ceramic coat for ease of washing and maintenance. I dont drive in the rain or tailgate semi-trucks and have not had an issue with stonechips noticeable enough for me to care.
Interesting comment. Wrap does have one disadvantage, in that the edges can show dirt and wrap can yellow on white cars. If the ceramic makes washing easier, I could be talked into wrapping front end only.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
I looked at several preowned Huracans' on dealerships lots that had no PPFs and they looked fine. I think if your into tracking it would be prudent to have a PPF but you can always use a temporary wrap if need be.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
14,615 Posts
I looked at several preowned Huracans' on dealerships lots that had no PPFs and they looked fine. I think if your into tracking it would be prudent to have a PPF but you can always use a temporary wrap if need be.
Wow that stuff is pretty neat. How does it adhere? I assume it is a DIY project. There are days when I don't drive my car because of high winds. Small stuff flying through the air, this could be used for temp protection of the front end.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
Wow that stuff is pretty neat. How does it adhere? I assume it is a DIY project. There are days when I don't drive my car because of high winds. Small stuff flying through the air, this could be used for temp protection of the front end.
I have no experience with temporary wrap at all. Russ I am not a track person and I have only tracked once. It was a Porsche event when they rolled out the 992 911s......which BTW, I hated both the 992 and the track, it was booooooring could not get up to respectable speeds on the straight aways at COTA. I have never used it but we are on the list for a C8 and if we decide to do the factory tour I may use this or a similar product to protect the C8 for the drive home. Maybe others with some experience with this stuff can chime in. Sorry Russ I wish I could give more info especially since you are so helpful on this forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have no experience with temporary wrap at all. Russ I am not a track person and I have only tracked once. It was a Porsche event when they rolled out the 992 911s......which BTW, I hated both the 992 and the track, it was booooooring could not get up to respectable speeds on the straight aways at COTA. I have never used it but we are on the list for a C8 and if we decide to do the factory tour I may use this or a similar product to protect the C8 for the drive home. Maybe others with some experience with this stuff can chime in. Sorry Russ I wish I could give more info especially since you are so helpful on this forum.
I have used the Xpel TracWrap a few times, usually when going on a road trip, and it works well against small road debris. It's fairly easy to apply on wide and flat surfaces like the trunk lid and top of front bumper. It's more difficult working in smaller areas, around corners and so on. But since it is temporary there is no need for it to look perfect. If you look closely, there will be a visible overlapped or butt joint at various places, depending on the size of wrap you purchase. From 10-15 feet away it is not noticeable. It is easily removed after a few days. I would not leave it on for more than a week or so, and the directions indicate it should not be left on for an extended period of time. For what it costs and the time required to apply it, I think it is a good option if you are going somewhere where rocks or road debris are expected.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
I have used the Xpel TracWrap a few times, usually when going on a road trip, and it works well against small road debris. It's fairly easy to apply on wide and flat surfaces like the trunk lid and top of front bumper. It's more difficult working in smaller areas, around corners and so on. But since it is temporary there is no need for it to look perfect. If you look closely, there will be a visible overlapped or butt joint at various places, depending on the size of wrap you purchase. From 10-15 feet away it is not noticeable. It is easily removed after a few days. I would not leave it on for more than a week or so, and the directions indicate it should not be left on for an extended period of time. For what it costs and the time required to apply it, I think it is a good option if you are going somewhere where rocks or road debris are expected.
Thank you my friend, and it may be what I use on the C8 before driving it home from Kentucky. After arriving home I will have a trusted local installer do the PPF. (y)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thank you my friend, and it may be what I use on the C8 before driving it home from Kentucky. After arriving home I will have a trusted local installer do the PPF. (y)
Would love to hear your impressions of the C8 if you’ve been a Lamborghini or Ferrari owner.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
Would love to hear your impressions of the C8 if you’ve been a Lamborghini or Ferrari owner.
Absolutely, I am getting my C8 through the Chevy Dude from Kentucky. I am still on the list but moving up quickly. I have NEVER owned an American made car.........first time for everything!

101 - 113 of 113 Posts