Lamborghini Talk banner

81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Also, Insurance is about 5500 through American Modern. That’s the cheapest i found so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
14,610 Posts
Do you have to have front plates? We do in Texas but I have never been pulled over for not having a front plate.
Yes fronts plates are required, but I’ve only been pulled over once in 12 years. So I keep it in the frunk.

Reactions: DXM31

·
Registered
904 Posts
Big congrats love blu cepheus. Pearlescent blue in bright sunlight is sumptuous. Wow your insurance is crazy high. Mine is 1/3 of yours State Farm no points and Im not too old

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
Also, Insurance is about 5500 through American Modern. That’s the cheapest i found so far.

Is that for a year? Apparently, people have had luck with State Farm......I'm not one of them, I use USAA. If that's the best rate you can find I would use them for a while but keep looking because that's a bit high.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Is that for a year? Apparently, people have had luck with State Farm......I'm not one of them, I use USAA. If that's the best rate you can find I would use them for a while but keep looking because that's a bit high.
That is for the year. I’ll have to check it out and see if I can get it done. I appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
14,610 Posts
Even when my wife I had several tickets on record the most I paid was $3700/yr.

·
Premium Member
14,610 Posts
Hey Russk,

What company do you use?

I was with Geico back then and 1 year later they dropped me. Now I’m with StateFarm and I get a multi car discount and pay $2600 a year.

Reactions: jzaveri89

·
Registered
656 Posts
Here is an update but First and foremost, I want to thank everyone for all the suggestions.

I ended up purchasing a 2021 Huracan rwd. I purchased the the car from Beverly Hills. Feng Li was my sales person and he was awesome. I got about 4% off of the MSRP, however I paid for the shipping. I have attached pictures and the sticker of the car. Few things I had a question on:

1) Insurance: What is the range people are paying for insurance. I am getting a quote of $5400 for my brother and I as drivers for 2500 miles a year. I am 31 and he is 27. I really had the restriction of the mileage. I am also registering the car in Montana. I was trying to add it onto my policy here in Louisiana but I am getting push back from the agent since it’s a Montana plate. The reason I am doing this is because our sales tax is 10.2%.

2) Dash cam: Has anyone installed a Dash cam? If so, any recommendations on any?

3) Clear wrap: I will most likely drive it over to Houston for this but any recommendations on places or what type/brand?

4) Please let me know if I am missing anything else I need to do.

Feng is awesome, congrats!

·
Premium Member
14,610 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Damn. I thought about ordering it from another dealer. They said they would give me 5k off when it came in. But then I found this one.

Congrats on the purchase! I was at their sister dealership in La Jolla and they had shown me this car but I ended wanting a different color. Beautiful car, inside and out!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here is an update but First and foremost, I want to thank everyone for all the suggestions.

I ended up purchasing a 2021 Huracan rwd. I purchased the the car from Beverly Hills. Feng Li was my sales person and he was awesome. I got about 4% off of the MSRP, however I paid for the shipping. I have attached pictures and the sticker of the car. Few things I had a question on:

1) Insurance: What is the range people are paying for insurance. I am getting a quote of $5400 for my brother and I as drivers for 2500 miles a year. I am 31 and he is 27. I really had the restriction of the mileage. I am also registering the car in Montana. I was trying to add it onto my policy here in Louisiana but I am getting push back from the agent since it’s a Montana plate. The reason I am doing this is because our sales tax is 10.2%.

2) Dash cam: Has anyone installed a Dash cam? If so, any recommendations on any?

3) Clear wrap: I will most likely drive it over to Houston for this but any recommendations on places or what type/brand?

4) Please let me know if I am missing anything else I need to do.

3) Not sure if the car is still in Beverly Hills or not but Protective Film solutions is pretty solid. They are down in Orange County. Xpel is a good brand for clear bra. I will also look at solutions for the windshield and ceramic coatings when I get my Evo.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
3) Not sure if the car is still in Beverly Hills or not but Protective Film solutions is pretty solid. They are down in Orange County. Xpel is a good brand for clear bra. I will also look at solutions for the windshield and ceramic coatings when I get my Evo.
I’m going to get xpel in houston to do it. Trying to figure out if I want to do the front or the whole car.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I’m going to get xpel in houston to do it. Trying to figure out if I want to do the front or the whole car.

I did my whole car, when I bought it the dealer did the front and lower parts of the car, but after a year I decided to have to whole car done. It cost more because the had to take the old stuff off. Hindsight...

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts

I hear @DXM31 and when I had the PPF applied on my 718 Cayman Full Front/backs of mirrors and rocker panels, and my 3RS and 2RS I had full coverage and felt that was overkill. On the Huracan I have full front/backs of mirrors and rockers and that's more than adequate unless you intend to track your Huracan. I paid 5K for the PPF on the 3RS and then 6K for the 2RS and within 10 months of ownership I got bored.......so someone else reaped the benefits. Keep in mind your intended length of ownership, and I know for me at least, I intend to keep the cars forever and a day then another beautiful set of wheels comes strolling by. Bottom line the 11K expense benefited someone else not me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
I hear @DXM31 and when I had the PPF applied on my 718 Cayman Full Front/backs of mirrors and rocker panels, and my 3RS and 2RS I had full coverage and felt that was overkill. On the Huracan I have full front/backs of mirrors and rockers and that's more than adequate unless you intend to track your Huracan. I paid 5K for the PPF on the 3RS and then 6K for the 2RS and within 10 months of ownership I got bored.......so someone else reaped the benefits. Keep in mind your intended length of ownership, and I know for me at least, I intend to keep the cars forever and a day then another beautiful set of wheels comes strolling by. Bottom line the 11K expense benefited someone else not me.
That’s a good point. Might only get the front parts done.

·
Premium Member
14,610 Posts

I agree, for me it makes no sense to do the entire car. Front & mirrors only.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts

One other thing, that you need to keep in mind look at these cars closely. I mean real close, very few people drive them much at all. Heck, the original owner of my car had it for 9 months and put 1632 miles on it, that't it. Then look at preowned cars at dealerships you'll see many 4 and 5 year old cars with mileage in the the range of just a few K, and frequently not much more than 2K. So why are many of these owners doing full PPFs? To protect them from falling dust? Heck the dealerships I found when trading these cars couldn't give a rats ass about how much you've babied the car or the PPF coverage you forked out a princely sum of money for. In fact, I have found they barely look the car over when trading or selling it back to them.
I have had my car now for 4 months and have averaged 200 miles/month. I find it hard to take these cars out on the weekdays for a few reasons too much traffic making it hard to enjoy, and then there are innumerable work trucks spewing dust and rocks. A few more pearls about PPFs they are not impenetrable force fields and in all the cars I had with PPFs in no time had little tears from those rocks that are inevitably kicked up. In fact, on the 2RS on the frunk hood it caught two stones and produced 2 unsightly perforations within a couple of months that would have cost me around $500 to have redone; though, I sold it prior to the repair. Oh you may think the 10 year warranty would cover it.......no those warranties don't cover tears, and another thing, trying to get any of the PPF companies to honor the warranty is near impossible unless, of course, you happen to be Clarence Darrow but even then these contracts are so written as to be worth less than the paper their written on.
Regarding windshield coverage no way.....unless that is done very well it will produce distortion and make you feel like your optometrist screwed up your prescription. I am sure you know this already but I will say it anyway....these are just cars not holy relics and if you treat it like a holy relic you will never enjoy it, and in effect, you will be a "place holder" for the next lucky buyer.
Enjoy your car and have fun life is way too short. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
14,610 Posts
That all makes sense to Albert. If I cover my car it will be in the form of a color, not clear. When we wrap our cars, isn’t that also paint protection?

81 - 100 of 113 Posts