Lamborghini Talk banner

61 - 80 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Here is an update but First and foremost, I want to thank everyone for all the suggestions.

I ended up purchasing a 2021 Huracan rwd. I purchased the the car from Beverly Hills. Feng Li was my sales person and he was awesome. I got about 4% off of the MSRP, however I paid for the shipping. I have attached pictures and the sticker of the car. Few things I had a question on:

1) Insurance: What is the range people are paying for insurance. I am getting a quote of $5400 for my brother and I as drivers for 2500 miles a year. I am 31 and he is 27. I really had the restriction of the mileage. I am also registering the car in Montana. I was trying to add it onto my policy here in Louisiana but I am getting push back from the agent since it’s a Montana plate. The reason I am doing this is because our sales tax is 10.2%.

2) Dash cam: Has anyone installed a Dash cam? If so, any recommendations on any?

3) Clear wrap: I will most likely drive it over to Houston for this but any recommendations on places or what type/brand?

4) Please let me know if I am missing anything else I need to do.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
I have to say the Blu Cepheus is stunning.......Congratulations! Russ, does this remind to something and I am not just talking about your Spyder. ;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Please check for me if the flaps are closed on cold-start. (like in my video).

thank you

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
14,615 Posts
I have to say the Blu Cepheus is stunning.......Congratulations! Russ, does this remind to something and I am not just talking about your Spyder. ;)
Here is an update but First and foremost, I want to thank everyone for all the suggestions.

I ended up purchasing a 2021 Huracan rwd. I purchased the the car from Beverly Hills. Feng Li was my sales person and he was awesome. I got about 4% off of the MSRP, however I paid for the shipping. I have attached pictures and the sticker of the car. Few things I had a question on:

1) Insurance: What is the range people are paying for insurance. I am getting a quote of $5400 for my brother and I as drivers for 2500 miles a year. I am 31 and he is 27. I really had the restriction of the mileage. I am also registering the car in Montana. I was trying to add it onto my policy here in Louisiana but I am getting push back from the agent since it’s a Montana plate. The reason I am doing this is because our sales tax is 10.2%.

2) Dash cam: Has anyone installed a Dash cam? If so, any recommendations on any?

3) Clear wrap: I will most likely drive it over to Houston for this but any recommendations on places or what type/brand?

Congratulations. That is so beautiful! I didn't realize how good Blu Cepheus looks on a Coupe. I am also interested in knowing if the flaps stay open on cold start, please let us know.

I'll bet Albert was very interested to hear you got a 4% discount! I assume this car was the dealership's car, not a special order?

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
I'll bet Albert was very interested to hear you got a 4% discount! I assume this car was the dealership's car, not a special order?
You bet, I sent my salesperson a message, and sent you a copy as part of our ongoing EVO conversation.

·
Premium Member
14,615 Posts
You bet, I sent my salesperson a message, and sent you a copy as part of our ongoing EVO conversation.
Yes 4% is 10K and that is a huge discount. It is not easy to get a discount when you order a personally specified car.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
Yes 4% is 10K and that is a huge discount. It is not easy to get a discount when you order a personally specified car.
Yes I know but my dealership will have to pay for both a pick up and delivery and they are probably adding in the 12K tax savings when they made the offer.

·
Premium Member
14,615 Posts
Yes I know but my dealership will have to pay for both a pick up and delivery and they are probably adding in the 12K tax savings when they made the offer.
Yes that is true. It will be interesting to hear how they respond to your request.

·
Premium Member
14,615 Posts
LOL! Yeah that is probably what my dealer would tell me.

·
Registered
62 Posts

[/QUOTE]
I was interested in your plan to register in Montana... the LA state Supreme Court ruled in favor of a LA resident who formed an LLC in Montana, purchased a motorhome in the LLC name & registered it in Montana... but don’t you have to pay LA use tax, equal to the state sales tax, if you drive the car in LA... also, you are correct that getting insurance with Montana registration will be difficult... let us know how this works out... your car is gorgeous!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I was interested in your plan to register in Montana... the LA state Supreme Court ruled in favor of a LA resident who formed an LLC in Montana, purchased a motorhome in the LLC name & registered it in Montana... but don’t you have to pay LA use tax, equal to the state sales tax, if you drive the car in LA... also, you are correct that getting insurance with Montana registration will be difficult... let us know how this works out... your car is gorgeous![/QUOTE]

In Louisiana we have to pay 2 different sales tax. One for the State (4.45%), one for parish (my parish is 5.75).

I saw that case online but I’m willing to take the risk. I’ve seen people buy planes and never pay anything either. I believe they have 3 years to go back on the sales tax but after that they can’t go back.

Also, I already opened and did everything necessary for the Montana registration. The llc will own the car. I did it through www.mymontanallc.com. They were super nice and took care of it. They took care of everything Friday morning and I already had all the documents from the dealer by Saturday.

I found a guy that does the insurance for the Montana llc. Just seemed a little high. I’m just assuming it’s because of my younger brother. Both of our records are clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congrats! That blue looks amazing. 😍 I ordered my car from their sister dealership in Westlake Village and they flat out told me no discount. 🙃

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
Congrats! That blue looks amazing. 😍 I ordered my car from their sister dealership in Westlake Village and they flat out told me no discount. 🙃
How long will it be from the time of the order to delivery?

·
Registered
7 Posts
How long will it be from the time of the order to delivery?
I ordered mine at the end of September and they said it should take about 7-8 months so around April/May 2021. But who knows with the recent covid spikes.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
I ordered mine at the end of September and they said it should take about 7-8 months so around April/May 2021. But who knows with the recent covid spikes.
Thanks, now you can spend the time dreaming up cool mods and neat gadgets that will make your EVO even more special. (y)

·
Premium Member
14,615 Posts
I willl be giving my garage a nice upgrade and thorough cleaning. I am also still pondering what I am going to put on my license plate.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
I willl be giving my garage a nice upgrade and thorough cleaning. I am also still pondering what I am going to put on my license plate.
Do you have to have front plates? We do in Texas but I have never been pulled over for not having a front plate.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Congrats! That blue looks amazing. I ordered my car from their sister dealership in Westlake Village and they flat out told me no discount.
Damn. I thought about ordering it from another dealer. They said they would give me 5k off when it came in. But then I found this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 113 Posts