Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm going to order a 2020 Huracán Evo. What I have noticed is that the AWD is more expensive than the RWD by over $50,000. I have seen other cars that the AWD system goes up by $3000. to $5000. But over $50,000 that's absurd.

Can someone please help me understand why so much and is it worth it. Aside from half a second faster.(which I like)

This will be my first Lambo.

Thank you

Louis

·
Registered
430 Posts
Probably much less traction control involvement when exiting low speed corners, resulting in generally more corner exit drive.

I think you can tune that out to an extent on RWD by disabling TC, however. Just have to be OK hanging the tail out a bit

·
Registered
77 Posts
AWD also has RWS (Rear Wheel Steering) and some other equipment already included.

Reactions: LouisM09

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
13,620 Posts
Yes, it sounds almost to good to be true, but it is true and for $3000 you can bring back the 40 HP that has been detuned out. My 2021 EVO RWD is $60,000. less than an equally spec'd EVO AWD.
I couldn't believe it either at first. You will give up AWS, but the fun factor of the RWD is off the chart. I have had both and as long as there is a choice I will never go back to AWD.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Had perf

sold it

just got evo rwd spyder with no adaptive suspension and no dynamic steering which I hated on perf, so phony feeling

now I have a setup that’s basically my dream, a rwd perf with fixed coils , heavier steering with more feedback all of the time, it feels like my old lp570 now which I loved

it’s a gem of an offering and car and I’ve had 4 AWD lambos prior, the rwd fun factor is off the charts but you have to be a throw it around rwd guy to enjoy it!

it’s not tail happy like my ruf gt2 or amg gtr however it’s a great balance of both aspects

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
That’s great to hear. I feel the same way. If you have a chance I’d love to see some pics!

·
Registered
430 Posts
The Evo RWD’s nose looks way better to me than the Evo AWD’s nose.

It’s interesting & encouraging to hear that someone liked it better than a Perf.

I always figured a Perf was my next step (in 2022) after enjoying my 580-2 for awhile... but maybe the RWD Evo will be next instead

·
Registered
90 Posts
The Evo RWD’s nose looks way better to me than the Evo AWD’s nose.

It’s interesting & encouraging to hear that someone liked it better than a Perf.

I always figured a Perf was my next step (in 2022) after enjoying my 580-2 for awhile... but maybe the RWD Evo will be next instead
I think I’m just an anomaly in the car world in what I expect from my cars, and the feedback I want given what I’ve had in the past.
Coming from bmw track setups , Porsche, racing it’s hard for me to love all of the new modern cars because they always bugged me in how the adaptive stuff operates.

even my amg gtr which I think is truly an unreal machine sometimes bothers me.... the steering is as heavy as a comp car and feels almost like it has no assist, so much feedback ... the problem is in the adaptive suspension , it gets stupid stiff in race and is stupid stiff because chassis in comfort however in race it’s always calculating. I like it to be in its stiffest setting 100% of the time and not have it adapt and calculate even in race mode then tighten up when you’re hammering it again in the canyons or wherever.

same goes with performante , it in race def got a bit stiffer and more visceral than evo but it wasn’t 100% of the time, you can ease up in your driving and it feels like it softens up, also the dynamic steering felt so fake, I was just so disconnected with it

just my takes , guess I demand a lot however as I mentioned my ruf gt2 gave me these standards , not easy to fulfill lol

the evo rwd is just a beautiful balance of feedback, agility, fun!

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
I think I’m just an anomaly in the car world in what I expect from my cars, and the feedback I want given what I’ve had in the past.
Coming from bmw track setups , Porsche, racing it’s hard for me to love all of the new modern cars because they always bugged me in how the adaptive stuff operates.

even my amg gtr which I think is truly an unreal machine sometimes bothers me.... the steering is as heavy as a comp car and feels almost like it has no assist, so much feedback ... the problem is in the adaptive suspension , it gets stupid stiff in race and is stupid stiff because chassis in comfort however in race it’s always calculating. I like it to be in its stiffest setting 100% of the time and not have it adapt and calculate even in race mode then tighten up when you’re hammering it again in the canyons or wherever.

same goes with performante , it in race def got a bit stiffer and more visceral than evo but it wasn’t 100% of the time, you can ease up in your driving and it feels like it softens up, also the dynamic steering felt so fake, I was just so disconnected with it

just my takes , guess I demand a lot however as I mentioned my ruf gt2 gave me these standards , not easy to fulfill lol

the evo rwd is just a beautiful balance of feedback, agility, fun!
Wow, that is gorgeous!! What color is it? I am so jealous right now I ashamed of myself, Lol.

Reactions: iLLSE and DXM31

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wow, that is gorgeous!! What color is it? I am so jealous right now I ashamed of myself, Lol.
Hey Russ
Thanks so much
It’s ad personam blu arion, only one built in this color and Lamborghini wouldn’t even give paint code for them for me lol

I like that blue as well. Is that the one from Lambo Palm Beach?
Yes sir, just picked it up last week
Bought all of my lambos from them and they are my friends and like family
Best of the best and I truly mean it

I’ll attach my window sticker

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
That is fantastic! The matt paint at $16,500 was worth it, absolutely stunning!

Reactions: iLLSE

·
Registered
709 Posts
Great pics. I really like the looks of the EVO RWD, they did a great job of making an already beautiful car even more so.

·
Registered
70 Posts
AWD model has AWS, torque vectoring, and the LDVI system which ties together all the systems to provide better performance. CCB, Cruise Control and 20" wheels are standard, whereas on RWD they are optional extras. Spec'ing back CCB isn't too pricy, I think around 3k after driver's pack and things.

If you want blistering pace and capability the AWD model is for you. If you want a driver's car tuned for more feedback and a more responsive front end, the the RWD model is for you.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts