Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been on the simulator twice practicing for Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham, AL. Flying pit Sun for 2 practice days. Race is April 4&5.

Compting for #1 in USA PROAM Championship.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
We were testing last weekend at Watkins Glen. Love that track.

We were on track w DPi prototypes & a crazy fast Porsche 911 race car.

Bruno Junqueiro Ed F1 driver was helping me. Bruno and one of the Lamborghini factory drivers were 8nsec faster than me but I can drop 4 more w a little effort.

I’ll be shaving the wall at Turn 3 at that speed but I got a Championship to win, domt got time for fear.

Race is June 29-30 come join us. Look for the HUBBELL RACING Huracan. Ex Indy Champ Paul Tracy will be driving w me cus my friend 2x IMSA DPi Champion Eric Curran is busy racing a DPi that weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Going to NATIONAL CORVETTE MUSEUM this week for more practice on their track for race end of June at Watkins Glen.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was a fun track, a few nice fast straights and tricky infield. Lap times very close to Watkins Glen. I dropped 18 sec first day. 2nd day was so hot the engines & drivers were over heating & tires were melting in 6 laps. Got some good seat time in the Huracan. Fun car.
Corvette museum was cool too.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Indy Champ Paul Tracy Racing with me this weekend cus my regular Co Driver Eric Curran is Racing the Prototype Cadillac DPi for WHELEN RACING.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Friday at the start I was mid pack but snuck past 3 cars going into turn 1 😊 I held that for 18 min then at bus stop a car next to me spun out & slammed into my door. I was a little rattled but kept going and held my own for 20 min then came in and handed the car to Tracy. He’s new to the car so he stalled it at pits & hit the pit speed limiter twice so we got a pass through penalty which put us 1 lap down w under 30 min. Tracy drove well and fast but 1 lap down was too much to overcome.

Saturday Tracy started and he was tangling w another driver & spun twice but he fought his back from 16th to 8th. I jumped in after 30 min, my pit stop was after everybody else in my class so I started behind and I wasn’t able to catch the 3 cars ahead.

At least I improved from last year, no hitting the wall, wrecking the car and visit to infirmary.
Next time in Aug at Road America we’ll do better

The Bubbles were looking good, everyone loved them

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
On the + side I went faster than last year, no crash, got points for Championship, and had a fun weekend.

Next comes ROAD AMERICA Aug 2-4. Getting to simulator next week, twice a week & gym.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am new to this forum, so missed it. Hopefully I shall participate in the next season of Super Trofeo. Of course preparing to give a hard fight.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts