Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

There's a listing for a 2018 Lamborghini Huracan RWD Coupe in the Bronx, NY for $150,998 and it seems too good to be true. I took a look at the free Carfax and it says it's flawless, I inspected the pictures and they don't show anything visibly concerning, so I'm interested. That said, anyone have experience with this dealership or see something I'm missing? Thanks for weighing in!

P.S. - This is my first post, so if I missed something rules- or etiquette-wise my sincerest apologies.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder
15,408 Posts
The all important mileage, if it’s under 20k that’s a heck of a deal and I’d be a little leery.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply Russk! It's ~12.8k according to the site, so I'm skeptical. Do you think it's worth reaching out about, and if so, what are recommended next steps?

·
Premium Member
15,408 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply Russk! It's ~12.8k according to the site, so I'm skeptical. Do you think it's worth reaching out about, and if so, what are recommended next steps?
You have nothing to lose at this point. I would be cautious and get more information about the car if you can. I always like to know how many previous owners and get service records. It does sound too good to be true and at that price it’s at least $20,000 or more undervalued. I’m assuming this isn’t a Lamborghini dealership and it’s possible they haven’t priced it correctly. Of course that’s a longshot but it’s certainly worth looking into. Good luck and keep us posted.

Reactions: Aigob

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
960 Posts
FWIW, note that the navigation shows a location in El Cajon California, not Brooklyn New York. The only place in the United States with Millar Avenue and W Palm is in El Cajon. I’m guessing this car was wholesaled which is why it went across the country rather than being sold at one of the many Lamborghini dealers and knowledgeable exotics’ shops in California.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You have nothing to lose at this point. I would be cautious and get more information about the car if you can. I always like to know how many previous owners and get service records. It does sound too good to be true and at that price it’s at least $20,000 or more undervalued. I’m assuming this isn’t a Lamborghini dealership and it’s possible they haven’t priced it correctly. Of course that’s a longshot but it’s certainly worth looking into. Good luck and keep us posted.
That makes a lot of sense. I'll look deeper into it and update the group, but yeah it seems too good to be true. Also, is there an estimated cost I should pay for a third party Huracan inspection? It's not really a standard car so I don't know if I'm looking at $200 or $1000+.

·
Registered
34 Posts
They are in the same location as "A-Z Automotive & Collision". Take that however you want. Also remember that Carfax can be up to 6 months behind on receiving and reporting information. You'll definitely want to get a reputable PPI done.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Correct me if I am wrong but, I think this is the same vehicle.

Wow, nice investigation! I think that does look accurate. Given what G3T said about Carfax too, this is a very sketchy situation and I'll definitely not want a rebuilt Huracan as my first Lamborghini. It's a shame since I've been saving up for years, but buyer beware. Thanks everyone for being so helpful (and so quickly!)

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,376 Posts
@Aigob not to be the proverbial wet blanket if it sounds too good to be true then it is to good to be true. Sadly there are no free lunches however hopeful we all might be........

·
Premium Member
15,408 Posts
I guess now it is starting to make sense. Too bad because someone who knows nothing about the vehicle is going to think they got a steal. And this car shows a clean carfax!

Reactions: Aigob

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,376 Posts
someone who knows nothing about the vehicle is going to think they got a steal. And this car shows a clean carfax!
Yes except the buyer is the one getting robbed. Sadly, CarFax........is of limited value.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes except the buyer is the one getting robbed. Sadly, CarFax........is of limited value.
I didn't realize how lagged Carfax is until this scenario; it's wild! I guess classic VIN checks and internet sleuthing are more reliable ways to go. That said, I'll be utilizing this forum considerably more given the rapid, factual support I've received :)

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,376 Posts
I didn't realize how lagged Carfax is until this scenario; it's wild! I guess classic VIN checks and internet sleuthing are more reliable ways to go. That said, I'll be utilizing this forum considerably more given the rapid, factual support I've received :)
Absolutely, and in some cases with shady car dealers they get the carfax before the accident has had time to be documented and they only show you a snapshot of the carfax online not an actual link to a "live" copy.
Also agree, this is a good place to pick up some good ideas.........collectively we are smarter than we are on our own.

·
Registered
276 Posts
It was towed, wonder if it was involved in a collision??? Call the tow yard.

VIN:ZHWUC2ZF6JLA08903
Impound Date:2020-03-28
Source:CA Stored Vehicle
License Plate:CA 8NWU141
Tow Notes:STAR TOWING 858 573 8700
Name:SAN DIEGO PD

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great find. Price too good to be true likely a storied car. OP save up your coin and buy a no storied H from a Lambo dealership and get at least 1 year warranty

Is a dealer really worth it? I feel like it's significantly more expensive through a dealer (at least most car purchases) so I like to cut out the middleman. That said, if there are some 610s at reasonable prices all-included then I might bite.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Look at my previous posting I almost bet money it was involved in a collision and a body shop had it it doesn’t necessarily need a salvage title that could be repaired

1 - 20 of 22 Posts